Ads Top

"[Story] Pogo gave me the chance to help someone out."


#PokemonGO: Yesterday morning I was killing time while my car was getting an oil change. I saw there was a raid at a nearby park that I could solo so I decided to pop over. Hit some stops, put a mon in a gym and parked myself on a bench and was about to start my raid.There was a gentleman sitting on the other bench working on a word search puzzle. After a minute he asked if I could help him. As it turns out he is from Afghanistan and is trying to improve his English. He had found most of the words but was stuck. All that was left were ones that were backwards and diagonal (so the really hard ones). We sat together for about 10 minutes and finished the puzzle together and I also explained to him some of the word meanings as we went along.He was so kind and polite, and it was such an enjoyable moment. If that raid hadn't brought me to that bench I would not have had that opportunity. My mother, although born here in Canada, did not learn English until she went to school. She has told me many times how she struggled at first and how little help there was back then. It made me truly happy to have the opportunity to be kind and helpful to someone in that way. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2u4tu6R
"[Story] Pogo gave me the chance to help someone out." "[Story] Pogo gave me the chance to help someone out." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:59 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.