Ads Top

"Against the Proliferation of Another Hair-Brained Legendary Catch "Trick""


#PokemonGO: Please pardon my potential ignorance of reddit convention; this is my first original post.As I was raiding this evening, the raid leader at a Articuno raid I was attending asked for our group's attention. He told our group, "If you catch the Articuno, don't hit the 'ok' button until everyone else has caught it. That way you won't mess up someone else's chance at catching it."I rolled my eyes at yet another old wives tale, and fully expected someone else to chime in explaining that isn't how this works. Alas, another raider told us, "Yeah, we did it earlier and like 14 of us out of 16 caught it--it increases your chances like 90%".Murmurs of excitement rippled through our ranks, and people repeated the mantra back-and-forth, "Wait to hit ok, or you'll screw up our chances to all catch it!". People cursed their previous ignorance and wondered how many birds they'd have caught had they known.I had planned to keep my mouth shut, but after a few minutes I tried to explain confirmation bias to someone near me. I tried to tell them all that matters is the base catch rate per ball thrown and the modifiers. "Ok, but I'm gonna do it anyway, just in case." Was the common reply.Later I heard the same idea repeated 10 miles across town with a different group. shudderTLDR: If someone tells you to wait for everyone else to confirm your legendary bird catch to increase the group odds, they're wrong. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2wZfjhx
"Against the Proliferation of Another Hair-Brained Legendary Catch "Trick"" "Against the Proliferation of Another Hair-Brained Legendary Catch "Trick"" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 16:45 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.