Ads Top

"[Discussion] I'm Seriously Concerned About Post-Legendary Raids"


#PokemonGO: I think this game is in serious danger of dying off as soon as legendaries disappear from the raid boss pool, which is due to happen in the next few days. Raids were always bound to eventually lose their "wow factor" due to natural causes, but with the nerfing of the raid rewards, raids will almost become completely defunct unless something drastic changes.A personal example from today. I did 4 raids, all legendary. I'd also like to point out that legendary raids are the only type of raid I've done since GoFest, but that's another issue. Anyway, 4 raids, started off with 43 Golden Razz Berries in my inventory, 19 Rare Candy, and 0 TMs. After all 4 raids, I am now sitting at 36 Golden Razz Berries, 24 Rare Candy, and 0 TMs.I also caught 2 of the 4 legendaries, but both had lower IVs and not ideal movesets compared to the ones I already have, so I transferred them.So the discussion points:1) My net total of Golden Razz Berries actually DECLINED after participating in these raids. This wasn't the case pre-nerf and was incredibly disheartening. Once everyone exhausts their stockpile of GRBs, catching any Pokemon in raids will be almost twice as hard as they are now, which will lower the incentive for people to participate.2) If someone told me 3 months ago that people will catch so many legendaries that they would TRANSFER them I would have laughed and called you a liar. I now have more legendaries than I do Sandslash, Persian, Primeape, Dewgong, the list goes on. A stupid Onix is now more rare for me than a legendary. THIS SHOULD NOT BE THE CASE.With the exception of the candy I earned (from both rare candy and Lugia & Moltres candy from those I caught and transferred) these raids were a complete waste of time. All 4 of them were within half a kilometer from each other so I walked - hooray for exercise - but this all took a grand total of 3 hours. Count the actual minutes of gameplay of participating in the raids (approx 3 minutes each) that is equal to 12 minutes of playing the game how I intended to play when I left the house versus 2 hours and 48 minutes of not playing the game how I wanted to play.Most of the 3 hours was spent waiting around like an idiot for other people and in hindsight, when you look at what I got from this time investment purely on paper; +4 Lugia candy +4 Moltres candy -7 GRB +5 rare candy 0 TMs -300 Pokecoins (for raid passes) I don't deem this 3 hours worthwhile. Maybe for 1 hour yes, but not 3. Now of course it's a different equation if you manage to get a really good catch like a high +90% IV legendary with the best moveset, but what I experienced today is the prospect of the average player going forward.Except now subtract legendaries and what are we left with? Even if you can solo level 3 raids, given that the chance of getting exclusive loot items is decreased even more from what they are at legendary tiers, is the time investment just to get a CHANCE to capture a Pokemon you probably already have 4 of really worth it? Especially if you use some GRB, you might even actually be WORSE off after a raid.Bottom line is; I really don't see myself and others going out to look for and participate in raids given the current rewards system when legendaries no longer spawn as raid bosses. Niantic either needs to change the reward system back to how it was before (or at least balance the weightings on potions and revives) or completely rotate the raid bosses so that we have new ones to look forward to. The second option is a temporary fix only, however, as whatever Pokemon they change them to, most of us probably have lots of them as well anyway.The gym system is totally non-competitive so if raids die as well and there are no new Pokemon to catch this game is deader than a Shedinja getting hit by a super effective move. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2wVPKRw
"[Discussion] I'm Seriously Concerned About Post-Legendary Raids" "[Discussion] I'm Seriously Concerned About Post-Legendary Raids" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:57 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.