Ads Top

"[Discussion] Why aren't different EXP(or Stardust)-Curves a thing?"


#PokemonGO: Hi Travellers!When I heard of Pokemon Go the first time, I thought: "Well, I probably won't have all the good Pokémon, but I'm fine with that because I will have the strongest commons in my area (Ratticate, Pidgeot, ...)." But in Pokémon Go that's not case.For everyone that did not play the main series of games, there are 6 different forms of EXP-Curves:* Fast* Medium-Fast* Medium-Slow* Slow* Erratic (very slow at the beginning, very fast at the end)* Fluctuating (very fast at the beginning, very slow at the end)These curves describe the EXP the Pokémon needs to reach the maximum level (100). Every Pokémon-Species is bound to exactly one Curve-Type. The reason is simple: Stronger Pokémon with Higher Maximum Stats should be more difficult to train that the weaker One's. I think that's very fair that e.g. a Dragonite should not be as easy to power up as a Butterfree.But why isn't this principle implemented in Pokémon Go? It would bring so much more diversity into Gym Fight's, etc. (not necessarily in the Meta) and people would not feel punished for power up a Pokémon that's not the strongest.My suggestion would be to use a specific fomular which involves the Max CP of a Pokémon-Species to adjust the stardust costs.What do you guys think? Is there any downside that I might not see?I apologize in advance for mistakes, english is not my native language via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2wcQ5Nj
"[Discussion] Why aren't different EXP(or Stardust)-Curves a thing?" "[Discussion] Why aren't different EXP(or Stardust)-Curves a thing?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:00 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.