Ads Top

"Some things I've noticed moving from America to Japan..."


#PokemonGO: So I recently moved from America to Japan (Nagoya to be exact) and I wanted to point out some interesting differences for those who ever travel here in the future. This is from my perspective, I know others will be different. Feel free to add any of your own experiences!Playing Pokémon Go is very normal here, even for businessmen and businesswomen. I have sat in on several street corner raids (some in the pouring rain) with men and women wearing suits and dresses, right next to teenagers and kids. In America, most of the people I played with were your average video game nerds...like me!Nothing lasts in a gym for over an hour. In America, I lived in a big city. Even after the gym update, I could easily collect 50 coins a day from gyms in suburban areas. Now, I'm lucky to get 10. On many occasions I have defeated a gym, put in a Pokémon, and had it knocked out in less than 10 minutes. And this is in the suburbs!Dozens of people show up to raids, but no one talks! Quiet is pretty common in most places in Japan (especially the trains), but I am very used to exchanging pleasantries with others in the same raid, sharing strategies, comparing Pokémon, celebrating catches, etc. But in Nagoya, people show up, they battle, they catch, they leave.One similarity is that Farfetched is nowhere to be found! Just like Tauros has become very hard to find in America, I have only seen one Farfetched on the nearby tracker in Japan. Unfortunately, when I got to the pokestop (literally a minute later), it was gone.Well, I know that's not much, but hopefully it will help someone who is coming to visit Japan in the near future. Once again, I can only speak for my own experiences here in Nagoya, so please don't think I am trying to generalize all of Japan. It has been amazing playing Pokémon go in the country where Pokémon originated and I can't wait to catch more legendaries here! via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2f4zuXF
"Some things I've noticed moving from America to Japan..." "Some things I've noticed moving from America to Japan..." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:07 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.