"[discussion]Did Niantic deserve Harry Potter: Wizards Unite?"

#PokemonGO: I feel like there should a conversation about this. When the concept of Pokemon Go was born, Niantic was the only big player in the AR world with an established game out already. It's easy to see why Nintendo preferred them.But now, even though Niantic is still the biggest AR company, other developers, perhaps most recently Elyland, has shown that it's totally possible to make an AR game as an indie developer. Harry Potter is a HUGE franchise and I'm sure several massive gaming companies with strong infrastructure would have wanted to be the developers of HP:WU.Niantic's track record with Pokemon Go so far has just been an unmitigated disaster, I'm sure we are all well aware of it. Yet, we find Niantic has been put in the driving seat for developing a game for yet another big-name franchise, on track to make millions more dollars and further crunching the AR genre under their feet.Do you feel like Niantic deserved this opportunity to become the developers of HP:WU ? Do you think this game will turn into a disaster as well?Personally, I really wish there was another developer for HP:WU. One of the few things that may make Niantic improve is solid competition to their work. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2yUFyL6
"[discussion]Did Niantic deserve Harry Potter: Wizards Unite?"
Reviewed by The Pokémonger
on
01:56
Rating:


No comments