Ads Top

"Failed EX Raid Experience"


#PokemonGO: Mewtwo EXYesterday, I went to an EX Raid. I live in a very populated area; Phoenix, Arizona in the United States. My Raid was at a popular sponsored Starbucks near downtown.I arrived about 30 minutes before Mewtwo hatched expecting to be in a gym control battle for bonus balls. However, I easily took out about 5 defenders and placed my Pokémon in immediately and absolutely no one challenged this.The Raid hatched at 1:30 PM. With it being a Monday, I assumed there would be a lot less people than expected due to work. Once the raid hatched, absolutely no one was there. One person arrived finally about 5 minutes after Mewtwo hatched and we proceeded to wait the remainder of the 45 minutes and no one else showed up.My trainer level is 36 and I have many optimal and 30+ counters for Mewtwo but the other trainer was level 34 and did not have the greatest counters available. They did not want to attempt to duo it as we would end up wasting a lot of currently scarce revives.I decided to to test out my damage and nearly got rid of half of Mewtwo’s hp by myself. So with somewhat decent counters and trainer levels we could have probably defeated it with 3-4 people of average ability.This was luckily my third EX raid that I have gone to. I absolutely know I am fortunate to have even received EX passes and caught one Mewtwo. The first one I went to was at the exact same location during the testing phase several weeks prior on a Friday or weekend night if I recall correctly. I did not catch Mewtwo the first time but fortunately I did the second time at a different popular sponsored location where there was also about 40 people during the testing phase.I know that many parks and other sponsored locations around the city also had EX raids yesterday. In the week leading up to the raid I also posted on my local Pokémon Facebook groups and checked Discord, seeing if anyone else had received passes for the location of my raid but could not find anyone else.I assume the issue is the terrible time slot where most people do not have the opportunity to take time off work for the raid. Also with raids being out of testing and there being many parks and sponsored locations available to receive passes at in my city, I am guessing that there may be too many EX raid locations being distributed for and splitting people up.Overall, I wanted to share my experience having been to a couple EX raids during testing and now out of the testing phase as well. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2jBcbaA
"Failed EX Raid Experience" "Failed EX Raid Experience" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:43 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.