"My history with Pokemon"

I remember when I was about 6, my brother showing me Pokémon Black on his original DS. It was on bonfire night, and we were sitting around the fire and my brother showed me and introduced me into the game which would one day, unbeknownst to me, change me life. He was on Victory Road, readying for the Elite 4. I remember asking him what game it was, and he said to me “It’s Pokémon! You wanna play?” He took out his Black cartridge and popped in a Fire Red cartridge. He said “this is yours if you can catch this Pokémon.” Being the older brother that he is, he went to Seafoam Islands and stood infront of Articuno. He told me how to throw balls and weaken the Pokémon, and I was off. He had about 50 pokeballs, so I used some attacks and started throwing balls.I caught it.That was the day my adventure started.I took the game home and completed it the next day, the Elite four and Champion. My brother then gifted me his copy of Pokémon Black, and so I played and completed. About two years after that, I bought my first Pokémon game. I was on holiday in Cornwall and I bought Pokemon Heart Gold. I completed it and loved it.You may wonder why my brother has such a significance in this story, here’s why. When he moved off to Uni I had nobody at home to play with, my other brother too young, parents too busy. So I went to Pokémon. Further down the line, due to bullying at school, I developed anxiety. Pokemon calmed me down in my weakest moments. They were my friends when I shut myself off from the world, my companions when I wanted to feel strong. Nobody else around me likes Pokémon, so it felt like my little secret.Then I found PokeTube and my life was flipped. How could so many people love Pokemon? I wondered. I watched Tamashii Hiroka, and the JWittz, and Chuggaconroys lets plays. I loved it. Then Pokémon X and Y were revealed and I was estatic. I convinced my dad to take me to the midnight release and I played the game throughout the night. Since then, I’ve played every main series Pokémon game to completion.Thank you Nintendo and Pokémon for giving me this amazing game that brings so many people together and brings so much joy to my life. Thank you.Please feel free to share your history with Pokemon with me and everyone else. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2oxeUAa
"My history with Pokemon"
Reviewed by The Pokémonger
on
00:03
Rating:


No comments