Ads Top

"Spoofers are getting out of hand. Actually considering not playing as much"


#PokemonGO: INCOMING WALL OF TEXTThis is going to be a bit of rant, but my God. This is intolerable. I live in an area that's semi rural. Has gyms and Pokestops, but literally everyone I have seen is a spoofer. I joined the Pokemon go group for the city and everyone spoofs.Even if I try for raids with the spoofers, they're usually in Japan or New York, cuz why not? I've reported multiple people to niantic, with pictures of roads with no one, screenshots of people using apps to spoof and niantic haven't given a damn, it feels like.I'm not against people who are disabled or too sick spoofing to catch Pokemon, because it doesn't affect the game unless they take gyms, but Christ. Why can't people just walk? Why can't they earn something instead of catching it in some random place?Players on my group put up location coordinates for the "Hatch 5 eggs" quest and then complete it by spoofing. They use apps that show rare Pokemon spawn locations and then everyone spoofs to get it. That's all good and fine, except they then take down gyms and raids, just to mess up the fun for others. There are people who make private lobbies, so that people who are there can't report the spoofers, nor join the raid.And how many raids can someone solo or duo? I'm level 30 and I managed to get 6 Machamp that are decent and my friend has a good team of Hariyama and we still can't duo a Tyranitar or Absol (both left with a sliver of health), let alone legendaries.Trust me, I completely understand that teamwork is essential for the game and I've seen countless stories of how the community comes together and does something great or organised raids and helped others and so on. I love these stories and wish I could partake in such fun. Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to do that is to make all my friends play enough to be good enough to raid or make multiple accounts on multiple phones or spoof. For me, all three of those aren't real options.I also understand the point of raids as a way for niantic to make Money. I never spend money on mobile games, but I did to make sure I got incubators for this game. I made sure I could upgrade my bag and Pokemon storage. I have bought raid passes to fight solo, all because this game has helped me in life. Helped me exercise and helped me feel better. That's not going to change, but it is extremely demotivating to see that all my efforts were worth nothing (only in-game) when stuff like this happens.I have two solutions I think will help. One is for niantic to take reports a little more seriously. I've read multiple posts about how reports have done nothing at all, even when people have submitted proper proof. I understand the difficulty that comes with this, but I think a team to counter spoofing will work wonders.The second one is something that'll greatly help everyone, I feel. Make raids scale down if the number of people are not enough to take it out at full strength. Make it minimum duo-able, of not soloable. To balance things out, reduce CP of the boss when caught and reduce the number/quality of rewards obtained from the raid, if it's below 4 people. I'm 100% sure that the community and niantic can come with great ways to scale down gyms. I can't stress this enough, I am ready to earn coins or put in money for coins to buy raid passes if it means I have a chance to get the Pokemon that are raid only, and I suspect a lot of people will be.It's not all about having powerful Pokémon or being able to take down gyms. Personally, I'm thrilled to be able to catch the legendary birds from quests. Like every regular player, I've devoted myself to finishing the line every week. I just want some pokedex entries and the chance to show it to my friends. If there were any other way to get legendaries like walking eggs or really tough quests that will give you a certain type (loved the Mew quests), I will gladly do it. Since it's not possible, I would really love to be able to catch some of these without relying on people who aren't even playing in the country.TL;DR- really salty about spoofers. Everyone in the Pokemon go WhatsApp group spoofs here. No one cares about playing legit and spoof to other countries and don't help locally. Spoofers reports need to be taken more seriously and raids need to be down scaled in terms of difficulty, CP of the Pokemon and rewards to be solo/duo-able. Still salty about spoofers.I know niantic employees have an eye on the sub. If anyone could tag them here, I'd be really grateful. Thanks! via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2IJcBWS
"Spoofers are getting out of hand. Actually considering not playing as much" "Spoofers are getting out of hand. Actually considering not playing as much" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:36 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.