Ads Top

"After 7 years I discovered my Pokémon Emerald cartridge is a fake"


I have owned a cartridge of Pokémon Emerald for about 7 years which I bought off of eBay, unaware of the existence of fakes (back then anyway, I did hear of fakes eventually but never bothered to check mine). For those 7 years, I have played and replayed the game having it randomly corrupt after beating the elite 4 and brushing it off as a glitch. Recently I decided to pick it back up again (knowing that it would most likely reset after I finished it as usual) and just beat the 6th gym and decided to research the whole “resetting after elite four” just to see if there’s someway I could stop it. I have now found out that the “save file will be loaded” message I have seen for years and passed as normal is a big red flag. Additionally the back of the cartridge has 004 which is apparently another red flag. I was hoping that the whole reset after elite 4 was random and could be fixed, but now I feel defeated realising I’ve been playing a fake for 7 years with no chance of making it through to the post game. I guess the lesson to take away here is make sure you do your research before mindlessly buying off eBay.TL;DR Bought Pokémon Emerald off eBay 7 years ago, only just found out it’s fake, passed several red flags off as normal, don’t be like me and buy without doing research.EDIT: https://ift.tt/2yVGfEw It’s as I feared, produced February 2010. I also now realise the actual Emerald sticker itself is not even what it’s supposed to look like. So this fake is pretty much as fake as it gets.EDIT2: Unfortunately my save file has been corrupted. I refused to give in to being scammed so I attempted to back up my save file using the R4 GBA dumper. But as I deduced previously, if any NDS cartridge attempts to interact with Emerald (like a Gen 4 game trying to migrate) it corrupts itself. Idk if that was the manufacturers own defence mechanism or just really shoddy creation, but it’s gone. I’m not too sad about it, I went into playing the game again knowing it could randomly corrupt. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2KALgUA
"After 7 years I discovered my Pokémon Emerald cartridge is a fake" "After 7 years I discovered my Pokémon Emerald cartridge is a fake" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 04:30 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.