Ads Top

"Multiple new permissions in 0.115.3"


#PokemonGO: This was briefly mentioned here but it only showed permissions you can disable, and the only new one is the phone permission.But 0.115.3 actually adds 3 new permissions to the app: https://ift.tt/2vX9ItJ wi-fi connectionsRead phone status and identity (lets Niantic read your IMEI, phone number, carrier, and if you're in a phone call they can see the number of the person you're talking to)Run at startupThese seem like pretty big changes. Seeing what wi-fi network I'm on isn't that big of a deal for an app that always knows where I am, but why do I want Pokemon Go running as soon as I reboot my device before I've run it myself? And why do they need to know my phone number?Any thoughts? via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/2vVSrRC
"Multiple new permissions in 0.115.3" "Multiple new permissions in 0.115.3" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:11 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.