Ads Top

"Tonight, after many countless hours hunting my favorite Pokemon, the RNG gods finally smiled on me. A story of one man and his Bulbasaur."


#PokemonGO: tl;dr; dude loves his buhbuhs, finally evolves one assuming he will never get his golden boy or the legacy move, grumble grumble recent announcements, grumble grumble TM, has happy ending. It would be difficult for me to explain in words how much I love Bulbasaur. My girlfriend could testify to the amount of times I've annoyed her with my favorite links from /r/bulbasaurmasterrace , I could show you pictures of my skateboard from 10 years ago, my hat I put together last month, my t-shirts, my favorite episodes of the anime, blah blah blah... OK, I guess I just did some of that. In feeding my (healthy, I swear) obsession, I have kept every Bulbasaur I've ever caught in Pokemon Go, which until recently wasn't very many. Aaaand unfortunately I missed the Bulbasaur community day (as well as all the others) due to my battle with leukemia last year and my recovery this year. Lately, however, my strength reached the point where I could go outside again and began playing again around the time of Metagross community day. [insert a bunch of time spent trying to find Bulbasaur by playing when it was sunny or cloudy]All I really wanted was a perfect Bulbasaur. I spent soooo much time trying to find one, and hours upon hours skating or walking around my city trying to find the proper research tasks this month that could potentially reward Bulbasaur. Finally, two weekends ago I gave up and finally evolved a lucky 93% Bulbasaur that my girlfriend traded me into Venusaur. Then Niantic decides to reveal that they are bringing back the community days from this year. If only I had waited one more week I would have known it would be possible to get the Frenzy Plant legacy move. [insert whiny grumble grumbleness about Niantic and the no-TM rules and my frustration with not being able to participate in the community days]. ONE more week. grumble. However, a bit of silver lining shown through afterall... A large park about 20 minutes from my house became a Bulbasaur nest after this past migration, and it was the first time I was able to actually go out and hunt my favorite Pokemon as much as I could. The only previous nest I have ever seen was a tiny park that only had 2 nest spawns (as I learned from 2-3 hours hunting there)... this park has at least 20. I went twice before the recent announcement, but let's just say I spent quite a bit of time there these past few days... Honestly, I had given up all hope of catching a perfect... I calculated these odds as being 1/163 or 1/4096 or 0.02%. However, I spent hours there this past few days trying against trying to find a shiny. I hoped for something in the 90 percentile that I could evolve on community day, but I given my past luck I really just wanted to find one shiny Bulbasaur before the event. Well, after more than 3 hours there this evening alone I decided that I would call it quits at midnight (when the park closed and before security had to ask me to leave... again). At 11:59 this evening, on my way out of the park, I came across one final Bulbasaur. The app crashed... I stood still to wait for the game to reload (I swear this is all true)... and darnit all to heck wouldn't ya know it... boom goes the dynamite Anyways, I named him Percy. It's a Harry Potter reference. Maybe you'll get it. Happy hunting, my dudes! via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2P4VNbV
"Tonight, after many countless hours hunting my favorite Pokemon, the RNG gods finally smiled on me. A story of one man and his Bulbasaur." "Tonight, after many countless hours hunting my favorite Pokemon, the RNG gods finally smiled on me. A story of one man and his Bulbasaur." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:49 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.