Ads Top

"What I thought the different pokeballs were doing when I was kid."


I just want to share my experience of Pokemon when I was 8yo. When Pokemon Pearl was release i had 8 and also I didn't speak english, i'm french (from Quebec) and the only thing I was able to understand was the pokemon names, because in Quebec our version of the anime was using the english names but everything else was in french.So yeah I was playing the game and didn't know what I have to do and one thing I do remember was my incapacity to understand the different types of pokeballs. So i'm just gonna share you what I thought the pokeball was doing based on his design, because i wasn't able to understand the description. Have fun.(EDIT : My game was in english I don’t remember why so yeah I wasn’t able to read thé description)​Pokeball : The normal pokeball, nothing much that was maybe the only one I was really right about.​​Premier Ball : Really rare pokeball with a cool design. For me it was like rare as the masterball 'cause I've never bought 10 pokeballs only.​​Great Ball : Uglier version of the pokeball. I didn't know it had a better catch rate.​​Ultra Ball : Prettier pokeball. That was my favorite pokeball. I also did understand it had a better catch rate or at least it was the ball I had to use when I was able to buy it in the pokeshop.​​Master Ball : ONLY USE IT ON THE LEGENDARY. It was the only pokeball that was able to catch it in my eyes. Yes I did try the other pokeballs but after 2-3 times I was always scared to lost so I just use the masterball. Now I never use it.​​Dive Ball : I kind of knew what "dive" mean so it was the pokeball for pokemon underwater (Emerald was my first pokemon game), but I coudln't find the HM to dive in this game (I found later that the HM didn't exist in other pokemon games). Also based on the design I was sure it had a good catch rate where it snow, because the colors gave it a "ice" feeling.​Dusk Ball : THE pokeball to catch Giratina. When I found Giratina for the first time I didn't have any masterball (used on Palkia), but i had some duskball and when I try them they were more efficient than other pokeballs. When i found out that, I went to the pokeshop and sold all my ultraballs for duskballs. No I wasn't able to catch Giratina and he was sweeping my team.​Heal Ball : Yeah hum. For me it was a pokeball that have a better catch rate for female pokemon. Never used it btw.​Luxury Ball : The pokeball for ghost type pokemons. God I was wrong.​Net Ball : That one I was right! I knew about the higher succes rate for water pokemon, but not bug. The word "net" wasn't new for me 'cause we used it in Quebec when we talk about hockey goal and hocket goal have net who looks like fisher net.​Nest Ball : Grass type. It's green like grass. So it can only be good on grass type no?​Quick Ball : A Pokeball for Electric type, because it looks like Pikachu (is it a yellow cross? Never knew). Also it was better on Pikachu for the same reason.​Repeat Ball : I was sure this pokeball was like a mix of the normal pokeball with the hyperball. So by that meaning it had a better catch rate than the hyperball. Also it was rare for me 'cause I was never able to go to the Elite Four where you can buy it. (I finished the Elite Four 1 year later with a Grolem explosion level 34 as my last pokemon standing in the team. My starter was the only high level pokemon, all the other pokemon were HM slaves and revives slaves...)​Timer Ball : Ok that one was way really weird from me, but at the same time I had the kind of main idea. So I thought if I have like 20 timerballs, i needed to wait 20 turns to maximize the pokeball efficiency.​Safari/Park Ball : The pokeball they gave you in the park and safari. I was always wondering why I couldn't have my masterball or hyperball in the park.​Cherish Balls : I didnt even know that pokeball existed when I was kid.​Hope it at least made you smile and thx for reading!​ via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2PQZDKQ
"What I thought the different pokeballs were doing when I was kid." "What I thought the different pokeballs were doing when I was kid." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:34 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.