Ads Top

"Slow Gen 4 Rollout Isn't The Only Thing Making Pokemon Go Less Fun"


#PokemonGO: Hello! I've been playing PGO since it launch, taking a hiatus for a few months once. The game has been a great experience, but lately, it started being boring and unfulfilling. I used to purchase coins in game, but I haven't for a while now, and I find the game to be less and less satisfying. Here's why:10 km eggs seem to almost exclusively hatch Trapinch - I used to get many different Pokemon from 10 km eggs, but for a longer while it seems, that it almost always turns out to be Trapinch. Don't get me wrong, I think Flygon is one of the coolest Pokemon ever made. But it's not viable in metagame, and I have well over 200 candies because of the stupidly high hatch rate. And I've already evolved a Flygon a few months ago. I had an opposite experience with Dratini and Dragonite. I really struggled with getting these... And after the evolution, next 3 10 km eggs in a row turned out to have Dratini in them. I've decided to stop buying egg incubators, because I have realized I'd only be paying for more and more Trapinch.Obvious cash grabs and pay walls - the last quest had a few annoying tasks to accomplish: getting a Cubone (still haven't caught one), catching an Aerodactyl (I still have a completed daily quest with one of those waiting to be claimed) and fighting in 10 raids. The last one was IMO the worst one, because it was basically like "pay us for X raid passes or wait 10 days". A shameless cash grab. I get that Niantic is a business and that they need money to operate - and that they most likely have noticed increased sales thanks to this task, but it was simply a "pay or struggle" scenario. And with thanks to stupidly low appearance rate of Cubone, I'm still waiting to get a Meltan.Sinnoh Pokemon are appearing too slowly - the sluggish rollout of the 4th gen Pokemon is a massive letdown. There's no happy sense of exploring and of accomplishing stuff. I'd really like a good oldschool release of a massive number of Pokemon. We're like 2, maybe 2,5 months after the release and we have such a small number of Pokemon, with only a few being relevant in metagame... God only knows when we'll be seeing Gallade added to the game, alongside a ton of many Sinnoh originals and absent evolutions. A few months, most likely. You can also say that this complaint is about shiny Pokemon, since only a small percent of them actually have shiny models in the game.Quests are unbearable - despite giving players an additional purpose, quests are basically a combination of paywalls and grind with a big pinch of good luck needed. The game and it's quests are so painstakingly calculated to be achievable thanks to grinding or paying. But paying doesn't get you all the stuff you can get in the game, and grinding gets tedious over time. Yes, I'm looking at you, 10 raids, catching Cubone/Aerodactyl, evolving a Gyarados and evolving 3 Pokemon with Sun Stone.The events are all the same - hey, let's increase spawn rates of a few Pokemon for some time, yay. Ok, the Meltan one is a tad bit worse, because you need to have a Switch to get its evolution without sick grind.I hope the game will be fun again, I'm counting on player fights and on better decisions. What do you think about the points I've mentioned? Do you agree? What kind of ideas to fix these issues do you have? Do you even consider these to be issues? via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2zUcOAH
"Slow Gen 4 Rollout Isn't The Only Thing Making Pokemon Go Less Fun" "Slow Gen 4 Rollout Isn't The Only Thing Making Pokemon Go Less Fun" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.