Ads Top

"The Ethics of Pokémon"


#PokemonGO: Multi accounting (MA) is super common in my community. Everyone has at least an alt, and regularly I will see 3+ accounts (guy at tonight’s raid played the piano on his five accounts on the ground in freezing temperatures). People regularly respond with how many accounts they can bring to a raid.I am competitive in nature, but I recognize that multi accounting is cheating and I’d rather play legit. However, if I backed out of raids to avoid benefiting from MA’s, I’d never raid and probably would just drop the game.I’m nearly at the point where I give up and join in, simply so I can just have some fun with the game. If I’m already benefitting from cheating, why not go all in and just own it instead? Then at least I could keep up with 5 phone piano guy or 6 phone wife and husband couple. In the back of my mind this nags at me when raiding with piano players.At the same time, the community / scene in my area would be dead and raids would never happen (maybe 3-4 people show up at a raid) if not for multi accounts.I know, I spend more time thinking about this than I should for a dumb (fun) mobile game, but... it’s Pokémon, so.Anyone else share this feeling?(My wife made fun of me after reading this. She rolled her eyes at “The ethics of Pokémon.” Her words. Then she called me Chidi from The Good Place.)tl;dr - Community multi accounts. It bothers me, but there is no way around it and my area is alive purely because of it. Cheated game better than dead game? via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2RRhQ7Z
"The Ethics of Pokémon" "The Ethics of Pokémon" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:47 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.