Ads Top

"The PoGO community to sensitive for PVP???"


#PokemonGO: I’m interested to see the implementation of PvP and how it will impact this community. My community is very competitive, but it seems like this is an unpopular style of play based on what I’ve seen on this sub.Let me say this, being an outright dick is reason enough to be shunned and there is no call for that. However, whenever someone on this sub says something slightly competitive, it seems like they’re lambasted, downvoted, and labeled an “elitist.” While we should be supportive of fellow trainers, I don’t feel like mediocrity should be celebrated.I truly hope the rewards in PvP are based on wins and not participation. While everyone is entitled to play the game as they want to play it—I shouldn’t have to forego my style of play to accommodate it. Example: Raid is going, the guy is level 40, and he’s got a freaking dewgong in the raid because it’s “lucky” and he couldn’t give a damn about damage output. Talked after, he plays to collect shinies and have a living lucky dex. That’s great, but he’ll be privated out of any further raids as he doesn’t care to contribute. He just wants a free chance to catch a legendary. This is one example of where it’s not my business to tell him how or what makes the game fun for him, that’s his prerogative. But, it’s also not my job to accommodate and hand hold at the expense of my game. That’s not what makes the game fun for me. He can find like minded trainers and their 20 dewgongs can go to town.Obviously there is always an exception for children. They’re kids, help them out, help them catch, it’s just being a decent human being. But when it comes to PvP, it will undoubtedly create more competition than the current gym system which many already can’t handle. If wins are the way to accumulate say Sinnoh stones, it will force people to finally look at type effectiveness and actually produce. Hopefully this will see a reduction in the current trend of softness being displayed and people can finally realize it’s a game. Some will be better than others and if you want to compete, put in the effort.I’ll probably drop to -1,000 karma for this post based on what I’ve seen. But come on, this game (or any game) for me is about striving to be the best and learning along the way. Yes I aggressively hold gyms whether I need the coins or not (I like accumulating hours on my badge.) Yes I private raid groups to test the bare minimum (under the condition no kids or otherwise incapable players are being left out.) And I love this game and the community that plays it. I guess I’m just tired of this elitist paranoia and softness that “everyone should be rewarded despite ‘effort’.” I won’t say skill as this will never be like main series, but that makes it even worse. The only thing stopping these people is freaking effort.Curious to see if PvP will see a decrease in this trend or if the complaint posts will just multiply. via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2L4ZWMt
"The PoGO community to sensitive for PVP???" "The PoGO community to sensitive for PVP???" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:51 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.