Ads Top

"Thoughts on community day limited moves."


#PokemonGO: I really enjoy the community days and the fun of chasing a specific Mon for 3 hrs. The bonuses alongside them are great. But, the limited move that you can't even TM during the community day window really bums me out.I feel as if it removes all the effort we put into our mons up until that point.Since the community days, I've taken to the approach that I never evolve Pokémon, anymore unless they give me some immediate gain (now I can solo this raid I couldn't before, etc). Otherwise, I just catch and build candies.To me, there's no benefit to evolving a Mon outside of an event anymore. Mass evos stopped being worthwhile when I can get 1-10 mill exp from a single lucky egg with friendship. Basically, I now feel punished that I had evolved my only perfect Squirtle I hatched before the Blastoise community day, and for every other mon that was good that I evolved.But worse than the community days to be is the Legendary raid days. The Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos days gave me the idea that my perfect Kyogre and even non perfect Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza that I all maxed out will probably never get to TM their signature moves of Origin Pulse, Precipice Blades, or Dragon Ascent.Which, to me is kinda a big FU to all the people who did raids for these mons when they came out.Like, Kyogre is one of my favorite Pokémon of all time, so I raided it intensely when it came out with the shiny, under the impression that I could later TM it to add Origin Pulse. But now, I feel like that won't ever be a reality. And that, in turn, turns me off from the idea of raiding any Legendaries until they come out with their special moves.It also hurts those who can't play during those 3 hour windows. Trading would be a fine answer, IMO, if things like bottle caps and vitamins existed in the game, but they don't. So, even if I can trade, I'll probably get a subpar IV roll, even at best friends.Personally, I'd like to see the new moves added to the mons pools after the CD, but say anything evolved or TM'd during community day instantly gets the moves. It already does that in some capacity with the shiny releases during community day. via /r/pokemongo http://bit.ly/2FrNJSm
"Thoughts on community day limited moves." "Thoughts on community day limited moves." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 16:07 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.