Ads Top

"How’s everyone feeling after this event?"


#PokemonGO: So the last few events led to a lot of discussion about demoralisation. The solid argument came about that shiny Pokemon can’t be treated as new content, but unfortunately Niantic uses them as that. New content that seems to be locked to select few. The events that seemed to spark this discussion were the Equinox event and the bug event. So we are coming to the end of the Easter event, we have just had Bagon comm day, Latios back for a week and Shuckle weekend.Ive not seen as many posts or grumbles about demoralisation as the last few events... Does this mean people are feeling a bit better and have gotten more into the game? Has the last event/s gone better? Or have people dropped off until something new comes along?My personal feelings are again that nothing was really added. The egg hatch rate kindly gave me a chunk of stardust to power up some mons which is fab, but I hatched nothing of “value”. My gameplay was the usual grumble, I was focused on trying to locate the new blast of shiny Pokemon we had been hit with. I did well so no complaints there, but when I was struggling with Latios it made me think of the last games I played a lot.Family guy the quest for stuff and Avengers Academy. I had both games (both from the same developer), and month by month I would pump money into the games to unlock all the “stuff”. But as time went on the games became more expensive, to the point you could pump money into it and still not get all the stuff. The games became a chore, you would put money in but still have to put crazy amounts of effort in for sometimes a CHANCE to unlock the things you want. One day I realised I was paying for pixels, that essentially became useless after each event ended I stopped playing. Latios made me realise the same thing is occurring here. Someone could do one raid on a free pass, and boom shiny Latios. Someone could pay £20, £40, £60 and do every raid they can and NOT get a shiny Latios. Where is the limit? How many raid passes do you buy? I don’t want to think about how much shiny Lugia cost, it took me at least 40 raids which was a lot for me back then. How much use has shiny Lugia got since then? Sure I’ve admired it a couple times as a sort of “trophy”. But what is it really doing for me?And again shiny hunting is beginning to feel like a chore. It was my birthday over the bank holiday weekend and my partner took me to some fantastic places, and my time and focus should have been on that. But my mind was always “but what about shiny Shuckle, what about shiny Latios.” Disappointment that there is no signal in the beautiful forests because I wouldn’t find a shiny there. It doesn’t sit right with me, and I’m not sure how to go forward. Because I’ve invested a lot in this game, and I enjoy being with the community, but I am demoralised still... via /r/pokemongo http://bit.ly/2URstx9
"How’s everyone feeling after this event?" "How’s everyone feeling after this event?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:44 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.