Ads Top

"man it's hard to still think this... the DS Era (Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black and White and BW2) is STILL the peak of the pokemon core series games. I love the 3DS as a system and I can't stomach the new pokemon games"


I felt the same way about pokemon 10+ years ago.... gen 2 was the greatest and I hated gen 3 for abandoning the old pokemon from the game boy days... but the battle system slowly improved in advanced and we go FR/LG and Emerald which were GREAT games so I got warm around to them in my teens. I got a DS for Christmas and Pokemon Pearl/ DP were weak and REALLY slow but GPS was cool then Platinum turned it up and fixed nearly everything that was bad about DP and made the games battle system a BIT faster and more tolerable (its still damn slow in the later game with higher level mons and a slow draining bar) but damnit its a blast to this day with excellent replayability.then HGSS came out, for me the greatest ever. It may have lost the "gen 2 look and charm" but had the gen 4 look and charm and gave it a 3rd series game "expansion pak" treatment in terms of content. I never got into pokemon since cause I saw it never was a good- I respect that BW tried to revive the series again with 150 new mons and a compelling story... and BW2 brought it all around in terms of excellent content and great post game- something I'm getting around to finally playing now.but past that? Just not interested. I wish Pokemon Z was an actual thing but the 3DS games seem so... like much less. and the new battle mechanics with the megas? not interested.am I the only one who feels they lost their way after the DS era? I heard the director speak about the EXP share being busted claiming in paraphrasing remarks "smartphones and modern gaming makes people have less attention span- we wanted people to play and finish the game so we made it easier" did that wreck the games? where is the post game content?gen 8? not interest man... they've lost their way via /r/pokemon http://bit.ly/2ZheoHY
"man it's hard to still think this... the DS Era (Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black and White and BW2) is STILL the peak of the pokemon core series games. I love the 3DS as a system and I can't stomach the new pokemon games" "man it's hard to still think this... the DS Era (Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black and White and BW2) is STILL the peak of the pokemon core series games. I love the 3DS as a system and I can't stomach the new pokemon games" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:56 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.