Ads Top

"My daughter beat her first gym leader"


My 8 year old daughter has been asking for a gameboy for a little while, so today I got her a 3ds. She asked about playing pokemon, so I showed her all the starters and asked her which she liked best. She chose torchic instantly, so I also picked up alpha sapphire for her to be her first real pokemon experience.By pure luck she got a female torchic right off the bat, which is what she was hoping for. She played for a couple of hours tonight, with breaks for dinner and book homework. Shes been so excited all day. Cheering whenever she caught a pokemon or even saw a new one. The excitement she had when her torchic evolved was cool to see and reminded me of playing my first pokemon game over 20 years ago.Her night just now ended with her beating Roxanne after having evolving her torchic. When I told her she should try to fight the gym leader she was scared and thought her combusken wouldn't be able to win. I told her she was faster than nosepass and had her double kick. Her double kick got a critical hit and nosepass was a OHKO.Definitely a fun dad moment. Happy shes having fun and is so excited about pokemon. She asks for my advice whenever a pokemon levels up and tries to learn a new move, and needed some help in the beginning finding which way to go. Shes hitting her stride now, though! I have only held the 3ds a couple of times, shes been doing it all with just the aforementioned guidance from me. Itll be fun if she stays interested until the elite 4!EDIT: Wow thanks for all the positivity, folks! This blew up while I slept more than I thought it would. I'm going to add that when I got up this morning I found my daughter already awake in bed playing pokemon, exploring on her own. She was all excited. Again, glad you all enjoyed hearing about our experience! via /r/pokemon http://bit.ly/2DBADzn
"My daughter beat her first gym leader" "My daughter beat her first gym leader" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.