Ads Top

"Toggling Adventure Sync can coerce a nearly instantaneous distance update"


#PokemonGO: One situation that comes up with some frequency is trying to clear out eggs prior to an event. A typical strategy might be to fully incubate, and then to either maintain a full Pokemon Box or avoid spinning stops to only get the eggs at the start of the event.​I have observed that when I turn off Adventure Sync and take a significant amount of steps, when I turn it back on I get credit for my steps nearly instantaneouly (iOS). I often encounter a delay when AS is on. Here is my proposed strategy:​Pre-conditions: Egg event starts at 4 pm, I have 9 5K eggs.3 pm: I start all of my eggs in super-incubators and turn off Adventure Sync. I walk for 4+ kilometers with the game off either on a treadmill or around a park.4:00 pm: I turn on the game. I have received no distance credit yet. I start a starpiece and turn on AS. Within seconds, my distance credits and all of my eggs hatch. I then proceed to begin collecting event eggs.​I realize the same could be accomplished leaving Adventure Sync on, but I'm sharing this because I've found that toggling it off reduces "racing to get the starpiece on" and annoying delays with AS kicking in. Also note that in the scenario above I could play from, say, 3:40 to 4 pm catching and spinning spots without having to fear catching a non-event egg.​​ via /r/TheSilphRoad http://bit.ly/2IiShLa
"Toggling Adventure Sync can coerce a nearly instantaneous distance update" "Toggling Adventure Sync can coerce a nearly instantaneous distance update" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:47 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.