Ads Top

"Here is why there is a lack of raiders"


#PokemonGO: I wanted to write an article explaining why raid participation is down outside of big raid days/hours.If you're a newer/returning player and you want to figure out why this is, I'll list a few reason why T5 raid participation is diminishing.1:The Shiny and Done mentality: Most people, no matter how insanely amazing the pokemon is, just dont care enough to raid said pokemon after they get their one shiny. I believe this is the thrid time kyorge's shiny has been available, plus it will be in boxes for the next three months, people will have the opportunities regardless of raiding to get one, and a lot of longtime people already have their shiny.2:Saving raid passes for pokemon that can be shiny (This game is now a shiny hunting game): I saw this a lot with Tina-O, he didnt have a shiny, so after a week no one cared/ did T1-3 raids by themselves for a shot at a shiny, even though he has insane ghost type dps. However we saw the interest was there with shiny latias that was release during tina-o stay, people truly just raid for shines now outside of events, even if the non shiny pokemom is clearly better from a meta standpoint!3:Some players just don't need raid item resources (This is especially true if you don't pvp, which the vast majority of the community does not): This is the main reason why I don't do T5 raids daily anymore. I hit the level cap in early 2018, so there's no level incentive, I have 60ish charged tms set aside for next gen (for people who don't have any, I don't envy you, I used to be in that position for months, keep raiding and choose the mons you want to use them on wisely, eventually you'll have a stack of them waiting for new mons to come out), and I currently dont have a true need for rare candy, I mean sure, I can always put them somewhere, but I don't have a definitive need for them at this moment, as I only use rare candy on legendary pokemom!What are everyone's else's thoughts, are you experiencing low raid turnout/only raiding T1-3 raids for shines yourself, please let me know in the comments below! (Lol)EDIT :The discussion here has been amazing, I'm really enjoying reading all the comments! Here are a few of my responses!1:I leave in a small to medium ish sized city, so obviously each city/discord will be different, with urban cities always having an active community,  but I wrote this post from a small town perspective!2:I actually love watching pokemon go pvp, especially Keing's streams, and was not hating on it in general, however, it's fair to say that maybe 15% percent of playerbase is hardcore at it/does the silph cups! The vast majority of active users of pogo do not take it seriously (sadly). When you don't pvp, you definitely do not need as many resources, ie charge tms, rate candy for master league etc.3Ninatic has been recycling for months now, which really hurts semi hardcore/casual players, as interest definitely dies down once people get their one shiny! This also goes the other way sometimes too, people stopped raiding Tina-O hard in my community once shiny latios came out, even though he's much more meta relevant. This hurts newer players trying to build a kyorge army! via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/2ZKt1TJ
"Here is why there is a lack of raiders" "Here is why there is a lack of raiders" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:57 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.