Ads Top

"I want losing to matter"


I’m not the best Pokémon player in the world. I lose a fair amount, even in the easier games. But it always bothers me that, when I lose a battle, yeah I lose money and happiness, but everyone goes about their day like nothing happened. I want that loss to be recognised in some way by NPCs. To me, there are a few things missing from trainer battles:1) All trainers should be able to be battled again, whether you win or lose. There’s no reason why trainers on routes, in gyms, or even gym leaders, shouldn’t be able to be challenged again. All we need is a ‘do you want to battle again? Yes/No’ dialogue option.2) If you lose, trainers should have a line acknowledging your loss the next time you challenge them. They could be mocking, or kind, or anything that suits that individual. Route trainers don’t even have to do the eyes meet thing the second time you encounter them, to be honest - the battle is done and you’ve lost, it’s on you to prove your strength the next time you meet, and initiate the battle.3) Story important battles could be treated a few ways. Either treat them as they are now, where everyone pretends you didn’t lose, or design some excuse for you to be able to battle again (I believe this happens sometimes), or design your story to actually have story-based consequences for loss. This last one is one I think lots of people would like, although I’m not a massive fan of it as I lose a lot and don’t want to completely lose access to the story through loss.It just feels a bit lame to be treated by NPCs as this ultimate, infallable trainer, who could never lose, while irl I keep losing over and over again. And, also, it’s depressing to see that Hau will never know the taste of victory no matter how many times he wins because he’s not programmed to know it. via /r/pokemon http://bit.ly/31Pc64f
"I want losing to matter" "I want losing to matter" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:48 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.