Ads Top

"Interesting takeaway from GoFest make-up day"


#PokemonGO: I was playing in midtown Manhattan today, with GoFest make-up day spawns, and saw two alerts for nearby perfect mons (both weather boosted) in the community discord, a rhyhorn and a natu.Of course I didn’t find a rhyhorn at the first tagged intersection, so I caught everything in the area to appraise. I had a hopeful theory that the make-up day spawns might share IVs with normal spawns.Sure enough, I’ve caught a perfect weather boosted sunkern. There were a handful of other mons I caught at that corner so I wasn’t convinced it was anything more than a coincidence. I did find it intriguing that the normal rhyhorn and GoFest sunkern were both boosted.When the natu was called out, I was again only a few blocks away and hustled over, eager to see if I might get a shot at another “alternate” perfect.A weather boosted togetic, right where the natu should’ve been, appraised as a hundo!I thought the community might be interested in hearing this anecdote. I’m not sure of its value as research data, or if the relationship between regular and event spawns was already known.I figured I’d share just to get a conversation started. My theory is the regular spawns were swapped for gofest spawns based on their weather boost group, but am also considering the possibility that I was just very lucky and the spawns were completely random swaps- had they differing weather boosts, the IVs would have been rerolled.Curious to hear your ideas, thanks for reading!TLDR Wondering if GoFest make-up day spawns shared IVs with regular spawns? Caught two hundos from discord group calling out perfects of different species via /r/TheSilphRoad http://bit.ly/2J0jml3
"Interesting takeaway from GoFest make-up day" "Interesting takeaway from GoFest make-up day" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:12 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.