Ads Top

"[Question] My mom got a shadow ban but she doesn't spoof - she barely knows how to use the remote for the TV. How can I help her?"


#PokemonGO: She plays on iPhone, she doesn't account share, she doesn't spoof. For my mom the game is largely social! She cares about progress but not so much that she'd spoof.She uninstalled pokegenie because she got freaked out.What do we do?The only phone she plays on is an iPhone 8.I'm sure it's a shadow ban. Not a soft ban.Fyi my mom is a pretty decent Raider/grinder. She does about 50 raiders per week. Her catches are over 100k. She has every shiny except abra and some babies.Gawd I wish this discussion wasn't so focused on how having shinies is suspicious.she grinds a lot. She's retiredshe raids and incubates a lot.she has me, her loving daughter, and I've given her a lot of shinies.Aside from regionals and and babies and Abra, yes she has all shinies. But she drives multiple hours a night and is retired. She has the time and motivation to play.And now unfortunately the only attention this has received is suspicion over having more shinies than other peopleAddressing Frequent Comments> "Change her password".Done.> "Does she account share?"Yes and no. I have her google account, because I set it up for her. No one else has it. If someone signed in, or if she account shared, I would have received a notification on my phone (under normal circumstances, will address again).> "Did she drift?"Not really, but as far as I'm aware drifting doesn't cause shadowbans. Neither does multiaccounting, or going really fast - that's a softban, and I'm talking about a shadow ban.> Are you sure it's a shadow ban?"Yes. Black background, red warning letters. We tested it, I can see a larvitar on my screen, but she can't see it on hers.> "Is her phone jail broken"No.> "What kind of phone does she use?"iPhone 8, she doesn't play on that Xoamir phone or whatever it was that recently resulted in bans.> "Maybe she spoofed and she didn't tell you".She doesn't know how to spoof. I love her, a lot, but I think I'm an accurate judge of her techy abilities, and spoofing abilities are just not within her skill set.> Did she pay someone to play on her account?"No.> "Maybe someone showed her how to spoof".I checked the following:all apps on her phone. None are spoofing related. None are GPS relatedI checked the location of literally all of her pokemon. No surprises.I checked gym locations. All of them are in Australia, or Brazil and the US, where we have family, or at go fest locations/Safari Zone locations, which she has been to.Monthly Google location reviews for the past 6 months.> "Maybe someone signed in and spoofed"I have her google account because I set it up for her. I would have received notifications. I've only ever received them when she signs in on her laptop. I also checked deleted emails. Nothing relating to unexpected sign ins.Who goes onto someone's account, spoofs, but does no other damage? Doesn't make sense. A maxed legendary should have been stolen, or a rare shiny, or even the account itself would be gone. Everything seems to be accounted for. Not to mention, the literal account is easily worth $8000 based on how much she put into it.I checked her "Google Maps Timeline" email for literally everything since February 2019. No surprises.I checked under accounts, google, security, "your devices" NO surprises.I checked under accounts, google, security, "signing into other sites" no surprises. Pokemon go, texting apps have access to google drive, and one other mobile game that's not pogo related.> "She has all the shinies?! I play X amount, and Brandon Tan plays this amount, and there are spoofing apps for shinies, so she probably spoofs."Believe what you want, but you're not adding to the conversation. So what, my mom's hardcore? Get over it.Does she have literally every shiny? No, but almost. She's missing a few babies and Lunatone. Everything inside of an event she has. She raids, incubates, shiny hunts so much, and if that doesn't work, she will trade. I wonder if that's a legit concern, or whether some people are just salty about her shinies. Does she have specific things like shiny flower crown eevolutions or every pichu variant? No... not all of them, but she has an amazing the collection because she's retired, she's motivated, and she puts time and money into the game.If I'm coming off as defensive about her shiny collection... I'm honestly not even sorry. She deserves her shinies, I won't apologize for her. And if you're too hung up on that, then kindly help someone else on this subreddit. That's the nicest I can be about it.I'm happy to check more, and I'm still investigating some tips that have been PM'd to us, but I don't see how this could have happened. via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/32YBOTr
"[Question] My mom got a shadow ban but she doesn't spoof - she barely knows how to use the remote for the TV. How can I help her?" "[Question] My mom got a shadow ban but she doesn't spoof - she barely knows how to use the remote for the TV. How can I help her?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 13:47 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.