Ads Top

"I enjoyed Pokémon Sword but it was not worth 60 USD and I won’t be buying a sequel unless it promises serious improvements"


I went into these games with no spoilers and found them enjoyable. I’ve seen a lot of opinions on Sword and Shield that are both good and bad. I think the game was fun and I personally didn’t care that much about dexit or reused animations, but it had a different set of issues for me.Pacing and length: the game was extremely slow and at the same time extremely short. I managed to extend my play through by spending a huge amount of time making curry and doing raids and it still only got to about 28 hours.Dynamax/Gigantamax: this is easily the worst gimmick in the entire Pokémon series. Aside from being a bland hybrid between mega-evolution and z-moves, the visuals aren’t even that cool. It seems like a lazy and boring way to kill off two cool features.Online: not sure what the hell nintendo and game freak have against implementing proper online gameplay, but this is another example. Trying to use the y-comms to join raids is a pain in the ass that rarely works. I’m not sure why the GTS is gone either, but that was a big mistake too. I don’t even feel inclined to try to grind out the Pokédex like this, and I sure as shit will not pay 60 bucks for a copy of shield to get the mons I don’t have.The story: it’s rushed and has very little substance. While I certainly don’t play Pokémon for the story, I never really felt invested in anything other than getting through the gyms to beat Leon and shut him the fuck up.Conclusion: I don’t regret buying the game because I’ve had a lot of fun with it and probably will continue to enjoy it, but I don’t think it’s a 60 dollar game if you put it next to other 40 dollar Pokémon games that were far more enjoyable and offered far better content, and I won’t be buying the sequel unless there are some serious changes. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2qJ0x0L
"I enjoyed Pokémon Sword but it was not worth 60 USD and I won’t be buying a sequel unless it promises serious improvements" "I enjoyed Pokémon Sword but it was not worth 60 USD and I won’t be buying a sequel unless it promises serious improvements" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 17:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.