Ads Top

"[Discussion] This sub seems to be very unwelcoming"


#PokemonGO: TL;DR I think this sub no longer matches its description of being a "welcoming place for questions and game discussion".Now before I begin, I wanna say a few things. One, I appreciate this sub for providing helpful information and news updates about the game. I come here to learn what's going on in the game and there is a lot of very helpful content here. Two, I am going to predict in advance that this post will get taken down by the mods because "it doesn't fit the topic" but I do think this needs to come to light.With that being said, let's jump in! Recently, when I've been looking at new posts on this sub, I see a lot of questions along the lines of "when is this happening", "should I purify", and some other common questions along with requests for advice. Almost all of those posts have 0 upvotes and then I go to the comments and see a lot of rude remarks slamming the OP for almost anything about the post.For example, on any of the "should I purify" posts there are countless comments about how you should never purify Pokemon and how OP is so stupid and naive for purifying their Shadow Mewtwo. This makes me way less likely to post questions on this sub at all. And I'm sure those who ask these questions feel the same way as their post and comments on that post get downvoted to oblivion. This just isn't a very friendly community when that is one of the qualities being advertised about it.Don't get me wrong, I know about the "Ask TSR Tuesday" megathread and that questions should be asked there. But when someone posts something that should have been asked there, I rarely see a comment pointing them to it. Instead, people just complain about the post and how stupid it is. And all of the comments with a legitimate answer get little attention compared to the mean/rude comments. Very welcoming, huh?My point is two things.This sub and its treatment of legitimate questions is not what is being advertised and that should be fixed. It would be nice if people would just move past posts they didn't like instead of leaving rude comments.People who post things in the wrong places should be guided to the correct place instead of being met by hate and downvotes.Thank you for listening and again please move past this post if you don't like it otherwise you are proving my point even more.Edit: The mods un-removed this! I haven't seen that before! via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/3jrv7kN
"[Discussion] This sub seems to be very unwelcoming" "[Discussion] This sub seems to be very unwelcoming" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.