Ads Top

"Why the next Pokemon region should be based on the Swahili Coast (East Africa)"


I'll try to keep this as short as possible, but here's a few reasons why I think the next Pokemon game should be based off the Swahili coast, or at least somewhere on the African continent -Swahili is the most spoken language that's native to the continent : Many like to argue on this, but Swahili is the most spoken African language and it would be a great region to start. There's also never been a Pokemon game that offers any African language, which is why I've been making my own list of Pokemon names in Swahili. If they want to reach other parts of the world, offering the content in the people's languages is an important step!There's never been a Pokemon game based on anywhere in Africa : Although I think there's other untouched areas in the world that I think would be great for basing a Pokemon region on, (like Mexico, India, or Brazil), I think the African continent offers great opportunities with its diversity and long history. Plus diversity is something Nintendo games tend to lack, but that's another topic. I also just think its time to look outside of Europe and East Asia for once and try to spice things up a bit!Swahili coast history : One thing the Swahili coast is known for is playing a big roll in the Indian Ocean trade, as it allowed Asians to trade with people of the Swahili coast, as well as other groups within the continent. This allowed an exchange of different cultures. Nintendo could use this to not only have many cultural aspects, but maybe use this as a reason to allow players visit PARTS of other regions, as did the Swahili people."Great Safari Region" : As much as I hate people only associating African countries with animals, it does have an interesting diversity of animals, and I was thinking they could make some kind of grand Safari region (for those that don't know 'Safari' means Journey, or adventure, in Swahili)I have researched a lot about the African and Asian continents : Lastly, I just wanted to mention my personal interest in these areas of the world. I can speak Japanese and Mandarin Chinese to a pretty decent level, and can speak some Swahili. Since I (obviously) like Pokemon, I've played Pokemon in English, Japanese, and Chinese. When starting to learn Swahili, it saddened me that I couldn't use Pokemon games to help, so instead, I started making my own list of Swahili Pokemon names. I know it's wishful thinking, but I think it'd be cool to one day use my knowledge in these languages/cultures to help make the first Pokemon game that offers Swahili, and the first one to ever be based on an African region :)These are just my dreams, let me know what you guys think about my ideas. Just no racist comments please. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2VYghsV
"Why the next Pokemon region should be based on the Swahili Coast (East Africa)" "Why the next Pokemon region should be based on the Swahili Coast (East Africa)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.