Ads Top

"Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 95: Politoed"


I am coming up with at least 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or an evolutionary line of Pokémon. I am going in Pokédex order, and I will skip every Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. Signature Z-moves or G-Max moves don't count.Politoed's move is called Liquid Slide, a Water-Type Physical move with 90 base power, 100% accuracy, 15 PP and 40% chance to raise the user's Speed by 1 stage. If Surf was used prior to this move, its base power doubles.I made this move for Politoed because I just feel like it fits Politoed. The user creates a stream of water on the floor and the slides on it, into the target. The reason this move is 100% accurate is because this move covers the entire floor of the field in a layer of water that quickly evaporates, so it doesn't have an effect like Water Sport as well. I guess you could compare this move to an Ice-Type Pokémon ice skating. The reason for this move's potential Speed boost is because sliding on the water makes you go quite fast. This isn't always permanent but it could be.Now, I know what you're thinking. Yes, Politoed gets Water Absorb, doesn't that make it very overpowered in double battles with another Pokémon that can use Surf? No, because if Politoed has Water Absorb, it doesn't just absorb a bit of the attack from Surf, it also absorbs the leftover water on the ground that it would otherwise use to double the damage output from this move. So unless the Politoed has Damp or Drizzle, this move won't be twice as powerful after Surf was used on the same turn. I hope this makes sense.I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas, and if you have any ideas for signature moves for Pokémon, I'd love to hear them, I might use the ideas (with your consent of course)! Even though this is a daily thing, or at least, I'll try to keep it daily, I don't think I'll be consistent with the time of day I post another idea. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3pfvJxJ
"Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 95: Politoed" "Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 95: Politoed" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.