Ads Top

"Unpopular (I think) Opinion:some Pokémon designs are worsened by showing/having a mouth"


This sounds like a nitpick, and by Arceus it is, but it's something I haven't ever expressed, so here it is. See you next week for my "why some specific Pokémon have dumb gender ratios" essay (jk).I like the designs of Grapploct, Heatran, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Kyogre...when their mouths are closed. When they open up though, they just look so weird, and not in a cool way.The Sinnoh box legendaries and Grapploct have these weird muppet-ish mouths that offset their intimidating face, feel tacked on, and makes them look just plain silly, especially Giratina and Grapploct.Kyogre just has this wide, thin, small-fanged mouth that just makes them look dopey, when before they look a lot more godly.Heatran is the biggest offender here, as it looks a bit cute, but mostly fearsome with it's jaw closed, but then it's jaw opens to reveal a mouth that looks way too big and oafish, with really-goofy "teeth" as well, that worked better connected to it's top-half.There's probably some other Pokémon that also have these problems, but these are the ones I can recall easily, and I'm not a fan of those jaws, to say the least. Thankfully, the only Pokémon that was outright ruined to me by this is Heatran, and even I have to admit there was likely no way around it, and there's probably a good reason it looks like that, but I still don't like it's black hole of a mouth. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/398onGC
"Unpopular (I think) Opinion:some Pokémon designs are worsened by showing/having a mouth" "Unpopular (I think) Opinion:some Pokémon designs are worsened by showing/having a mouth" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 14:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.