Ads Top

"I'm increasingly convinced that nothing The Pokémon Company ever announces will be well-received."


The discourse I've seen in the mere three hours since the Direct has just got me thinking.What Pokémon content could ever possibly be revealed that the Pokémon community will actually take just a hint of time to actually be happy about?Personally, I went into this Direct expecting new footage of Pokémon Snap (a game i do not care about at all) and maybe Sinnoh remakes if we were lucky, but I wasn't holding my breath.Instead we got all of that, plus what looks like it's going to be the biggest step forward Pokémon has seen...maybe ever?I keep thinking about that image I've seen a million times of a Pokémon trainer photoshopped onto a Breath of the Wild poster. The million comments that were all unanimously supportive of that idea, wishing that's what we would have gotten instead of Sword and Shield. Like, I really don't think its a controversial statement to say that's what most people want from a Pokémon game on a home console.And lo and behold, in proper Pokémon community fashion, every thread I've been in has devolved into "well this specific Chingling was shown at a framerate slightly lower than the rest blah blah blah", because of course it has. Game Freak has literally announced the single most-requested Pokémon game, and still people are analyzing every frame of it with surgical precision when we have all of five minutes of footage and the game is more than a year from release.Forgive the rant. I'm just excited and it is really starting to seem like people are just incapable of getting excited about things anymore. Be positive! We got three new Pokémon games announced this morning, and they all look incredible! via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/37SX3Lj
"I'm increasingly convinced that nothing The Pokémon Company ever announces will be well-received." "I'm increasingly convinced that nothing The Pokémon Company ever announces will be well-received." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.