Ads Top

"I finally did it..."


A long time ago... when I was say, six. I had a gameboy advance, red, and the only game I had on it was a game that I couldn't take my eyes off of. POKéMON EMERALD. I played until up to the final fourth member of the league, but I couldn't get passed with my level 50 Grovyle and my janky pokemon team. At one point I had to move and when I did, it was lost in the boxes of stuff I had, never seen again. Fast forward, I have a phone and I'm sitting in a house bored. So I look at my phone with pokemon on my mind, reminiscing about the time I had it so I looked up how to download emerald version on my phone. Next thing you know there's a GBA emulator and emerald is available. At first it didn't work. So I reinstalled it, determined to feel the nostalgic sensation of mashing the buttons to get through long dialogue, after that it worked and I opened it up. Boy es I not ready for that. I couldn't stop playing. Trying to get through the whole game, as if I had unfinished business with the game at a younger age. So naturally like any nostalgic gamer, I kept playing and playing and playing. Eventually I finally got to the fourth league trainer and be a t him with my level 71 Rasquaza. Boy is it easy once you have the know how to play a game with experience with pokemon. And when I did I realized there was the champion. I never remembered that. So after an intense battle with reviving and healing I finally beat him. And then the two first characters you ever meet walk in. I was awestruck when that happened. When I entered the Champion room I was so happy to finally lift this random burden off my shoulders and be able to say "I finished emerald version." So then... I sat there. Contemplating about the feeling you get after finishing a game and sitting through the credits with a happy yet sad feeling. That's it, that's the story of my childhood game that I finally let go of. Well, not really, I'm not sure I'll ever forget that game. Man it was a blast. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3mEMdPo
"I finally did it..." "I finally did it..." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:35 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.