Ads Top

"Introducing my mum to PokemonGo has been pretty wholesome"


#PokemonGO: TLDR: Saw my mum and played pokemongo with her and it was nice.My mum has been shielding during the pandemic but now, for the first time in over a year… I drove the 3 hours to get to her and could actually stay for a proper visit!She likes walking so I thought I’d introduce her to the game… and we’ve played all day! She chose a squirtle as her first pokemon as she thought he was cute. And has an Aron for her buddy now.She still hasn’t quite got the hang of the curveball throw but luckily new players get a lot of balls to start with so she’s only occasionally just throwing them straight off the screen now.We’ve battled a gym and put our pokemon in to defend it (although got kicked out in less than 10 mins - who does that?!) and sat on a wall in the shade to do an Espurr raid. A man whose house we were standing outside of while she caught a pikachu came to ask if we were ok (i.e. why are you loitering outside my house). He looked amused when we explained and walked off shaking his head (at the decline of society and the absurdity of modern life, I presume).We even did a midnight walk round the corner to add our pokemon to a friendly gym that had spaces in so she could get some coins overnight. She was giggling and couldn’t believe we were “sneaking out” at midnight to do a little quest. She kept clicking back to look at the gym after we got home to see which one we were in and I nearly died laughing when she asked “which one is mine?” The gym had a Blissey, a Snorlax, an Exeggutor and… her Eevee. We were kicked out after 40 minutes this time so I think she’s done with gyms for now (who kicks out a level 12 trainer after 40 minutes?!) but hey ho.I offered to battle her so she could see how it works. Showed how she could go click on me in her friends list (her one friend!) but she took one look at my Machamp and said (with genuine worry) “Ooh no I don’t think I want to battle you, you have a very impressive looking friend and I just have a mushroom…” It’s ok though, I let her win. And lol at the Aron-mushroom vs “my impressive friend”.I have to admit, I was initially planning to post mini rant about inconsiderate trainers kicking low level trainers out of gyms ridiculously soon, but overall it’s actually been a pretty wholesome day. So made a little story post instead. Hope you don’t mind me sharing :) via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/3fAoeyI
"Introducing my mum to PokemonGo has been pretty wholesome" "Introducing my mum to PokemonGo has been pretty wholesome" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:58 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.