Ads Top

"I finished the Pokedex in Pokemon Red/Blue for the first time ever! Here are some things I learned/misremembered while playing 1st Pokemon Generation"


Hi, I am 27 years old gamer. I bought GBA and started collecting games at begining of this year. I always wanted to do that because I only played GBA games on emulators as kid (coming from poor family) so once I got good job and enough money to spend on my hobby, I finally decided to buy old school consoles I was never able to afford. In my past, I didn't even come close to completing Pokedex. After gaining lots of experience in gaming, enough patience and determination not to quit, I finally realized first of my goals by completing Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and decided to share with you some interesting info/facts I didn't know before playing the game (I could also know about some of these but forgot them, it's been like 15 years since I played Pokemon for the first time on emulator).​Clefairy. After catching Jigglypuff before Mt. Moon and remembering that some Pokemon are version exclusive, I thought that Clefairy/Jigglypuff is one of them (this and also fact that I didn't encounter any Clefairy through my first trip in Mt Moon despite grinding there vigorously).You can only get Farfetch'd by trading Spearow for it in Vermilion City.You can only get Mr.Mime by trading Abra for it on Route 2.You can only get Jynx by trading Poliwhirl in Cerulean City (thought that it can be caught on Seafoam Islands)You can only get Lickitung by trading Slowbro on Route 18 (thought that it can caught in Safari)There are some advanced shenigans going on with game corner.I didn't know you can get Item Finder / Exp Share in first generation.Leech life is a bug type move, I always thought it's same as absorb...Type of attack is based on it's element. Earth/rock is physical, ice is special etc.Pokemon in first generation can have more than one type. I thought it started with second generation.Pokemon which are evolving by trade learn same moves at same levels so it doesn't matter when you evolve them.Pokemon which are evolving by using evolution stones on them can miss opportunity to learn new moves as most of pokemon are no longer learning new moves after being evolved with evolution stones(Clefable, Wigglytuff, Weepinbell, Poliwrath, Raichu, Sarmie, Ninetales, Nidoking, Nidoqueen).Meowth can make you money, you can also make money by fighting Elite Four again after beating them once. I didn't know that!You can trade pokemon which know HM but can't make them forget HM's to learn other move instead.You can use vitamins till you reach 100 of each stat. It's the best to use them early.For beating wild pokemon, you get % EV's based on this pokemon which are making trained pokemon stronger.Night Shade is the only ghost type attack which hits Normal types as well.Paralyze lowers your speed, burn lowers your attack. You can have only one status at the time.​Not gonna lie, it was quite exhausting and tedious at times but finishing it was very rewarding.He is photo album from interesting parts of my journey:https://ift.tt/3cDokUE everyone! via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3xhaKy3
"I finished the Pokedex in Pokemon Red/Blue for the first time ever! Here are some things I learned/misremembered while playing 1st Pokemon Generation" "I finished the Pokedex in Pokemon Red/Blue for the first time ever! Here are some things I learned/misremembered while playing 1st Pokemon Generation" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.