Ads Top

"Should I stop giving nicknames to Pokemon I intend to trade?"


I play Ultra Moon, and make regular use of the GTS and Wonder Trade features. I'm also one of those people that give all their pokemon nicknames. My personal pokemon all have names related to mythological gods and folkore heroes because I'm a nerd that way but I name pokemon I plan on trading away too.I try to pick names that are nice, and can be taken seriously -- I'd hate for someone to dislike a pokemon they would otherwise want because they have a silly name. Names I often use for trading pokemon are Greek mythological names since they are so iconic. I also pick names from cultures around the world depending on the vibe the pokemon give. For example, I've been giving my trading Froakies Italian names because I think they would look cool on a Greninja. If I'm having a brain fart and don't want to look anything up, I default to Lyre for girls and Llyr for boys.I thought that others would be happy to receive a named pokemon. I know I get excited when I get one even if the name isn't my style. However, I rarely see pokemon with nicknames, and I'm starting to have doubts if my practice is as nice a gesture as I thought. Does the average trainer like getting pokemon with nicknames? Should I stop? And to all my international trainers, would you roll your eyes at an American pokemon having a name native to your language (like an Italian getting one of my froakies)?Thanks in advance. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3dhWbmm
"Should I stop giving nicknames to Pokemon I intend to trade?" "Should I stop giving nicknames to Pokemon I intend to trade?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.