Ads Top

"Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 228: Croagunk and Toxicroak"


I am coming up with at least 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or an evolutionary line of Pokémon. I am going in Pokédex order, and I will skip every Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. Signature Z-moves or G-Max moves don't count. Also, I don't make moves for Pokémon to make them better in battle. While it may make them more usable, that is not my intent most of the time, I just make moves to give the Pokémon something they need, deserve or are said they can do, but aren't able to do with their current movesets.The move for Croagunk and Toxicroak is called Venom Strike, a Fighting-Type Physical move with 90 base power, 100% accuracy and 15 PP. It also deals Poison-Type damage, similar to Flying Press. This move comes from an idea by u/JugOfVoodoo.The move is performed by the user punching the target with its venomous fist. Toxicroak is basically just a Pokémon that's very good at fighting, and happens to be venomous. Maybe it's also poisonous, like some real frogs are, including those that Toxicroak is likely based on. (FYI; the difference is the way you get the toxin in your system, if you touch it and you get poisoned, it is poisonous. If it touches you and you get poisoned, it is venomous.) But yeah, that's why Toxicroak gets this move, it's good at fighting and happens to be venomous, and possibly poisonous as well.Unlike Psynami (my move for Starmie which also has 2 types), Venom Strike has a very simple explanation, simply due to how Toxicroak works. And Croagunk as well, for that matter. Like I said earlier, they are both great fighters and are both venomous. Toxicroak uses the needle or claw or whatever it is on its hands to jab poison into the opponent, while Croagunk just uses its fingers for that.The move is classed as a Fighting-Type move, because the poison is moreso just something that happens to be involved with the user, while the main attack has the user punching the target. The move is of course still dual-typed, but the Fighting-Type takes a slight priority, so it will appear as a Fighting-Type move that also happens to deal Poison-Type damage.If we make Venom Strike function the same way as Flying Press does, that means that the Fighting-Type is the primary type for this move as well, since it is classed as such. That means that if Electrify or Normalize are in effect on the user, only the Fighting-Type will change, while the Poison-Type damage will always stay. If any other Pokémon gains access to Venom Strike, they can only possibly receive Fighting-Type STAB, not Poison-Type, even if they are Poison-Type themselves. That's also how Flying Press works. Not only that, but while Ghost-Type Pokémon are immune to Venom Strike, Steel-Type Pokémon are not. Sadly, I cant confirm if this is also the case for Flying Press since there is no Pokémon that is immune to Flying. But since the Poison-Type is mainly just an added type rather than a shared type, as that's how dual-typed moves apparently work, I'm assuming the Fighting-Type's strength over Steel will override the Poison-Type's inability to damage the Steel-Type. Sorry if this got too complicated, that's kind of unavoidable with dual-typed moves. :PI don't really like making moves with 2 types, it can be pretty complicated and while it can be interesting, it has been done before, not just with Flying Press, but also with my own move for Starmie, which I gave the Water and Psychic-Type. I was even more hesitant in this case, because giving Venom Strike the Fighting-Type, makes it so 2 out 3 dual-typed moves (including my own ones so far, of course) are part Fighting-Type.I still decided to go with it because I got so many new ideas for improvements on my original idea for Venom Strike, so I came to the conclusion that my idea could use a lot of work. That happens more often, but if I remember correctly, this is the most ideas I've had under a single post since my combo-entry for Seadra and Seaking, months ago, which blew up for whatever reason, which is why I likely got so many suggestions. Anyways, I wanted to change my move for Croagunk and Toxicroak, because clearly other people wanted me to as well and this one was the most interesting in my opinion.I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas, and if you have any ideas for signature moves for Pokémon, I'd love to hear them, I might use the ideas (with your consent of course)! Even though this is a daily thing, or at least, I'll try to keep it daily, I don't think I'll be consistent with the time of day I post another idea. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3pozEJt
"Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 228: Croagunk and Toxicroak" "Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 228: Croagunk and Toxicroak" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 14:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.