Ads Top

"Why you should play on Set Mode"


As I’m sure we all know, Pokémon’s default setting has you playing on switch mode, which gives you the option to switch your Pokémon after KOing an opponent in order to have a better matchup against their next Pokémon. In the options menu, however, you have the ability to change the game to set mode, in which you are not able to switch your Pokémon immediately after KOing an opponent Pokémon.I have played exclusively on set mode for a few years. I’ve found it adds that little bit of extra puzzle to battles, and makes me think harder about how I play the game. Admittedly, it only ever really matters against important trainers like rivals and champions, but I’ve actually wiped to a few battles (Platinum Cynthia and Black N) since choosing to use set mode.In Set mode, because you’re stripped of the unfair advantage of switching on a KO, you’re oftentimes forced into a tough decision. For example, if the opponent sent in a Scrafty against my low HP Serperior, I have to choose whether I think I can pull off the win with Serperior, or if I should eat a turn switching into Crobat. In addition, it’s led me to use more switching moves like Volt Switch or U-Turn in playthroughs. It’s also affected my team composition, since I’ll usually want a counter to the types that can beat my other team members.I have really enjoyed switching to set mode, and I recommend it to everyone, but especially anyone who’s ever complained about Pokémon game difficulty. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/GA7Srn5
"Why you should play on Set Mode" "Why you should play on Set Mode" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.