Ads Top

"Annihilape legitimately made me cry yesterday and I don’t know how to feel about that"


Full disclosure, recent events and losses in my personal life have me… emotional.I’m in my mid thirties and I’ve spent the majority of my life playing Pokémon. Since the beginning, I found Mankey to be okay but Primeape to be slightly cringey if I’m being honest. Not the design, which I think is quite good, but the whole idea of something that’s just so ragey and angry all the time and picking fights constantly and making itself miserable. Like, I’ve dealt with enough angsty kids and teenagers to know I find the whole schtick boring and overdone.So yesterday, I’m begrudgingly Rage Fisting wild Pokémon to death, trying to get this thing to evolve, I know it’s whole deal and the lore and how it never stops being angry except in death blah blah blah. I saw it coming. I know. And yet…. I head back to Cascarafa and he evolves on the way. I just…. I stood there staring at this creature. Thinking about how this thing spent its whole life angry at the world and just constantly fighting and fighting and trying to get rid of the anger and then it just finally “dies”. And then even in death, it’s still angry. Just this thing unable to find peace in life is just so tragic to me, constantly hurting those around it and lashing out but unable to stop itself. And then it dies and it still just festers. It never gets to experience contentment in its whole life. Even in death it remains tormented and angry. Isn’t that just…. Like… the worst? Like what the Magikarp, right? Aww man here come the tears again…EDIT: I hated that woman so much and I just couldn’t be there for her but the idea of her still being unable to find peace even in death is absolutely crushing me. Why is Pokémon so dumb? Also, why the heck did I buy Scarlet version?!? I did not need that ending.. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/J5bAj1c
"Annihilape legitimately made me cry yesterday and I don’t know how to feel about that" "Annihilape legitimately made me cry yesterday and I don’t know how to feel about that" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.