Ads Top

"Best/worst way to hold a gym for 9 days counting"


#PokemonGO: I was previously living in Mexico City and playing, but I'm currently in suburbia, USA and theres not a lot of pokestops or gyms around, so I have to take every opportunity I come across. When I saw a gym nearby while walking a dog, naturally I headed towards it.Walking anywhere in suburbia sucks, and as I got closer I realized the gym was a bit off the sidewalk path, and there was a small field and some trees between us. I walk to the treeline, find myself just in range, and start taking down the lvl 5 gym by myself. Turns out it's a new and rather exclusive cemetary on the other side of the small field (I googled it) so I decide I have to take it, as there won't necessarily be a lot of traffic/competition.The dog rustles around in the tallgrass as it takes me maybe 20 mins to bring the gym to 0 and put a pokemon there. I leave, satisfied that I'll hold the gym for a new personal record, maybe 24 hours tops (in Mexico City, you can expect to hold a gym for a few minutes).I leave victorious, and over the next couple days begin to wonder how long this will last. But something else also begins to develop.A rash.It turns out the dog ran into a patch of poison ivy, and then I -wrestling with the dog later- ended up covered in the oil in all my bendy bits, inside the elbows, behind the knees, etc. I've now been immobile for about a week.It's been 9 days so far, and Im just now recovering and mobile again, and still have possession of the gym, which is now a lvl 10 gym for Team Instinct.I can't help but think theres 9 other poor saps out there either mourning the death of a loved one or covered in poison ivy like me, but at least the pokecoins are still coming in.In hindsight, Im not quite sure it was worth it.TL/DR: I've held a gym for 9 days counting, but it's at a cemetary plagued with poison ivy. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2boiW8H
"Best/worst way to hold a gym for 9 days counting" "Best/worst way to hold a gym for 9 days counting" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:36 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.