Ads Top

"PokemonGo Changed My Mother"


#PokemonGO: My mother was a very conservative Chinese lady, and though she loved me, she never understood my passion for gaming. She didn't necessarily hate it, but would give a small headshake of disapproval whenever I would play games instead of studying. This went on even after I graduated college and found a decent job and girlfriend.When PokemonGo came around, she was unusually interested in it. I wasn't sure if it was the massive popularity or the nostalgic familiarity that got her, but I saw the chance and took it immediately.Downloaded it into her phone, and taught her how to play.She has now walked over 100 miles (improving her health immensely), learned proper English and made three friends (she had none), found a Porygon spawning spot in our small city (people cheered for her), and became a Fairy-type trainer with three 1800+ CP Clefables, 2 Wigglytuffs, and a Chansey (her first 10km egg) that she promised to give to me if trading was to be an implemented feature in the future.And she curses everytime a pidgey spawns."Why can't I cook these goddamn chickens and feed them to my pink pigs so they get better?"Thanks, PokemonGo, and the community, for giving my mother the chance to understand how wonderful games can be, and for bringing us closer than we ever thought possible. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2aIUxKT
"PokemonGo Changed My Mother" "PokemonGo Changed My Mother" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 05:46 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.