Ads Top

"Why I'll never again be annoyed when my phone vibrates and it's a Rattata...(semi emotional)"


#PokemonGO: Earlier this week a friend texted me to tell me our mutual friend was in the icu from a heroin overdose. I had known he had gone to rehab but he had relapsed into using the drug and had gotten a batch that was laced with other drugs, which also caused a heart attack during his overdose. I visited him a few times this week, and the little family he had (just his sister, their mother died and their father left when they were young) was so sure he was going to make it despite him being on life support and unresponsive and having kidney failure. ...Until this morning. My friend texted me telling me our mutual friend was going to die today, and that I had to hurry if I wanted to see him. I left work and sped to the hospital... Diagnosis: His brain was swelling inside his head at such a fast rate that it was expanding into cavities and was going to burst. They asked his sister to make the choice to let him go before that happened so we could all say goodbye peacefully. They detached the machines to let him go naturally...So at 2:15 today, we all stood inside that icu room and held onto a part of him and cried together as he passed. Emotions were high, but as I was leaving later in the afternoon I was talking to my friend about him, sharing memories. He(not knowing anything about pokemon) mentions how our friend loved pokemon go and that he had caught one the other morning before his overdose on their way to get coffee. He couldnt recall the name of the pokemon. Him: "Pikachu? No...chari-something?" I smiled sadly and said, standing outside the hospital, "Well, I'm going to catch one right here and name it after him and keep it always." I booted up the app and the phone vibrated, telling me a pokemon was nearby. I sighed slightly and went to catch it. Me: "It's just a rattata but I'll get it anyways."And then my friends eyes lit up and he said, "THAT'S IT! It was a rattata!" I had tears in my eyes as I caught it and named it."Jordan"RIP friend. 8/5/2016 via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2aFhXAM
"Why I'll never again be annoyed when my phone vibrates and it's a Rattata...(semi emotional)" "Why I'll never again be annoyed when my phone vibrates and it's a Rattata...(semi emotional)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 17:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.