Ads Top

"Finally picked up Pokemon X...."


Apologies in advance if this is off topic or annoying content but I wanted to share and this seemed as good a place as any :)I'm 30 years old and by all accounts a "grown up" but I spent my childhood playing Pokemon TCG, watching the anime and playing Red/Yellow/Silver on my Game Boy. With the release of Pokemon Go I, like so many others of my generation, jumped back on an old bandwagon that had been neglected for years and was delighted at how many memories were triggered by playing Pokemon Go from the first Pidgey.I became totally obsessed with the game and how it gave me a great excuse to be active and explore my town and all those stories you all are sick to death of hearing.The nostalgia high lead me to buy a Nintendo 3DS so that I could re-play the old Pokemon Yellow from my childhood which made me ridiculously happy. I'd never gotten in to any of the more modern Pokemon games because the emphasis (in advertising and from my outside perspective) seemed to be on legendaries and "new pokemon" instead of the story and adventure I loved.Of course, with all the hype around Sun and Moon and this $200 game console I had just purchased I figured I would give a more modern game a try and purchased Pokemon X to see if it had the same feeling I was looking for.Oh my gosh did it ever! I had no idea these games had become so feature rich without losing that classic Pokemon feeling. I've only been playing a few days so I am still discovering more and more and only just tapping into the PSS system with my first global trade completed! I picked X because of the Pokemon Amie feature and trainer customization which I understand are both going to be in Sun/Moon so I'm thrilled. I also just learned about the Pokemon Bank so all my time and adventure investment in my team can be brought over to new games!I just wanted to share how happy I am to be playing and how I feel like I've been missing out on something incredible for years! I love the group of friends you travel with in the game, the interactivity with internet connection, the animations and Pokemon bonding, the mini-games and world mechanics and just.... everything!!! I love finding old Pokemon that I knew from Silver/Red or from the anime and I lol'ed the first time I ran into a female Wobbuffet. I cannot wait to uncover more of the game and I'm so happy to be here :) Thanks for reading! via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2c5uWuW
"Finally picked up Pokemon X...." "Finally picked up Pokemon X...." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:52 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.