Ads Top

"How does everyone feel about FPM and other scanners gone?"


#PokemonGO: So I posted a pic which showed some of my pokemon earlier and people were in an uprage that I had those pokemon, I must've been cheating, GPS spoofing, etc. A few thought I posted in attempt to brag that I had some high snorlax, but I was unaware that it was out of the ordinary for higher levels to not have multiple snorlax. (They were very common in my area, and when twitter pages came out for different areas is when it got a little out of hand). But I've never seen people act like they'd never use a scanner to get their pokemon.. Which might make sense to you if you are against it for w/e reasons (moral reasons? idk why you'd feel guilt.. but anyway) but it seems crazy to me if you didn't use a type of scanner.1) The tracking system provided by Niantic is a piece of garbage, my gf and I were tracking a snorlax/alakazam and when I'd go down a diff road our sightings menu would be completely opposite.2) It was provided by the PoGo community and was widely used/accepted (in my area, san diego) bc it was an alternative to the lack of tracking in the game3) Gyms are very competitive in SD and if you weren't using scanners, the other team without a doubt is using it to constantly find the super rares. So you need to use it just to stay even with other teams.4) I get there's varying levels of using it, you see it on your sightings, then you bring it up on chrome to find out where it actually is in your area. Then there's the 4-5 day craze of the twitter showing 3x snorlax/dragonite (mostly those, but also charizard, venosaur, blastoise, muk etc) every 15 minutes sometimes. So there could be up to 12 super rares within an hour.I'm just curious how people feel now that the scanners are disabled. I felt earlier that people scoffed at seeing multiple high level snorlax b/c scanners got them and that's not legit. Calling it cheating etc. But when they were active it seemed everybody was on board. Do you feel like you missed out if you didn't access scanners and the people who did have a bunch of rare pokemon that they're wouldn't have normally. Does it make you not want to play the game any more because you don't want to walk in circles to find the growlithe and you're upset with niantic's current actions? Let me know anything you want to input, whether it's about the scanners and how they affected gameplay, or the absence of them and no current tracking system in the game.My thought about the scanners - I liked FPM (small scan range) was able to find a few rares that I wouldn't have found with out it. But what I did not like was the Twitter page coming to SD, because it showed multiple snorlax/dragonite (i focused on snorlax, already have 5 dragonite). But if you wanted to sometimes you could constantly be driving towards one, I picked up 10 within 3 hours. The reason I hated this is because Mystic dominates a majority of this area, and valor consists of me and maybe 1 other person. But there were 10+ dedicated mystic players that were hitting a lot of those rare spawns. It was interesting I guess for the days the twitter page lasted, but I'm glad it was under a week. There's no way I could've kept up with the mystic players.I didn't like all the Twitter's popping up, LMK what you think. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2dKwqvY
"How does everyone feel about FPM and other scanners gone?" "How does everyone feel about FPM and other scanners gone?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 04:35 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.