Ads Top

"[Humor]TIFU catching a Magmar"


#PokemonGO: Obligatory happened not todaySo I'm not the coolest kid on PoGo, but I'm awfully close to completing my regional Pokedex. Right now, I'm short just two- but a few days ago, I was short three- one of which was the ever elusive Magmar.A bit of background: I had only ever seen one before, back in my earlier days of playing. He of course did the good ol' "one ball and run" deal to me- which made me a bit salty- but I shrugged it off, figuring I'd either hatch one or run in to one some other time. My girlfriend (of course, bless her soul) caught it like a loser. I also have hypersomnia and slight heart problems that give me flutters every so often.Fast forward a few months: I've been scouring around for these last three Pokemon for ever now. No nests, no reliable sightings. I just live in the Magmar dead-zone apparently. I'm dead asleep on this day, because that's what I do, when my girlfriend bursts into the room (early from work) and starts frantically yelling at me. I do what's expected of me and shoot straight up in bed looking for the fire/mass murderer/bomb/obvious danger that would cause this reaction from her, adrenaline going at full power. She's waving the phone and saying something that sounds like "Blah blah blah Magmar blah" when it suddenly clicks- there is a Magmar in the room. Literally spawned on top of me, which to my knowledge had never even been a spawn point let alone a place where one could show up. Que frantic opening of phone, and desperate waiting for the Magmar to pop up.And then there he is, in all his majestic glory. Magmar.I'm so excited. I click him, open up my bag... And then remember that I had used most of my balls the night before. 2 Great Balls, 1 Ultra. Now the pressure is on. I load up the Ultra with a razzbaby, and give it the curve ball. It goes wide. I'm too shaky; too much shock to the system. Steeling my nerves I take a few deep breaths and load up for the Great ball. Nice curve, Great throw... And he breaks out. I start to get scared- if this one runs on me, I might literally die. There's no Pokestops close enough to load up and come back, so this is my last shot. The final Great ball. My last chance at a Magmar.I gather the energy of all Pokemasters of all time, and heave it at him.Hit. Missed the inner circle- no bonus. A wiggle. Two wiggles. Three... ding. He's mine. Finally, after all this time... It's done. I've got myself a Magmar. I'm so excited. My heart is racing. I'm smiling, I look up at my girl- and then the flutters start, and my chest starts hurting. Too much fun out of nowhere for me, looks like. I grab my chest and curl into a ball, because that is the correct thing to do in this situation. She sees me, and starts to panic. It doesn't help that her anxiety kicks in. She's freaking out and I'm balled up naked, displaying all my goodness to her and the world when I just pass out.Wake up in a stretcher being carted off some time later. The EMT's are asking questions like "what's your name" and "what year is it"- stuff to make sure I'm okay. He gets to the "what happened" part, and all I can do is proudly tell him "Magmar." He shakes his head at me, probably trying to not laugh, and we continue with the rest of the procedure. I like to believe that we shared a special Poke-bond, him and I. Like he totally understood.But- I got a Magmar.TL;DR: Found a Magmar in my room after looking forever, caught him like a boss, had heart flutter, had to be manhandled naked and unconscious by two dudesEDIT: Damn, front page! Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the read! via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2eeOba2
"[Humor]TIFU catching a Magmar" "[Humor]TIFU catching a Magmar" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:31 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.