Ads Top

"Is there a comprehensive gym battle guide somewhere?"


#PokemonGO: Possible trash post but my Google Fu is failing and I don't see anything linked from here or anywhere else really.I can't seem to master gyms. I've got a lot of good, high CP Pokemon with perfect movesets and good to excellent IVs. So I have that part down.I just can't really figure HOW to battle. I'm reading so much here and there and can't seem to put it all together. Hoping I'm maybe not the only one?I can't seem to dodge. I don't see how a 600-ish Raichu or Electabuzz can possibly take down a water Pokemon double or more it's CP, even with a perfect moveset. I can usually dodge charge attacks but trying to dodge quick attacks just ends with me getting the snot beat out of me. I guess I don't understand how it really works, you know?There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how much you can bump up a friendly gym with various Pokemon. I do the smart thing of only beating what I can beat and then running away before my Pokemon faints, then doing it again, and I know there's a huge bonus for beating a Pokemon double or more the attacker's CP (as I said above) but riddle me this: Today I was at a gym facing a 1647 Blastoise using a 1606 Electabuzz. I beat the Blastoise and the gym's prestige went up over 500 points. Whereas if I beat multiple Pokemon sometimes it only goes up 200-300.I just have no idea what I'm doing and while I know IVs and such, I'm not overly concerned with them. I'd just like to understand battle mechanics and prestige more to make the most of what I've got. I live in a major metro area, it's not like you can hold a gym anyway so whatevs. I'd just like to grab a few close ones and cash out while using the minimum amount of resources. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2dGt4cn
"Is there a comprehensive gym battle guide somewhere?" "Is there a comprehensive gym battle guide somewhere?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 20:03 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.