Ads Top

"Pokemon Go seems to be alive and well in Copenhagen"


#PokemonGO: For all the doom and gloom about the game "dying", here in Copenhagen it still seems to be thriving. Last week I went to defend my local gym from some opposition bubblestrating, and found 10-15 people who'd pulled up in a minibus building the gym up (I hid around the corner and did my best to make it difficult before I was discovered). This was late at night, in bitter wind. The hard core (all high twenties to mid thirties) are still here.Today I popped in to our premium pentalure, where water mons are farmed like mad (I worry the EU will have to step in to control the absurd Magikarp over-fishing and protect stocks). It was grey and drizzly, a little under 10C. All the stops were lured, plus a couple a little outside easy spinning distance (as they have been, pretty much non-stop since the summer). Having heard so much about the player-base abandoning the game, I was expecting to see a handful of twentysomething grinders and a few kids who hadn't let go yet.Instead, I saw somewhere between 200-250 people, absolutely loads were kids, plenty of player-parents, some player-grandparents and then the usual 20-somethings.I almost got mown down by the rush of little people when a Lapras was spotted, and witnessed the pure, unaldulterated joy of a 7 year old with his first Lapras. Incredible that a person 3 ft high can actually bounce above my head :-DGranted, in the school holidays, in glorious sunshine, there could easily have been two or three times as many there, and for longer. But no game keeps all it's players for ever, and the kids'n'casuals haven't all abandoned yet.We moved on from there to a local nest (Charmander) and found a couple of groups of kids chasing mons. We got a Muk (that's a lot of mileage I won't have to put in with a Grimer buddy now!)So the kids 'n' casuals are still here.I do see fewer people playing now, but people are playing with a bit more savvy. They're no longer just wandering about hoping to bump into stuff, they're out hunting in the areas they know are good. And I still see others on my bus spinning the stops and grinding the Pidgeys. I've also started to see more diverse and lower level mons on the gyms around me - possibly as the result of another banhammer wave from Niantic.TL;DR - Exactly what the title said. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2dgzrX2
"Pokemon Go seems to be alive and well in Copenhagen" "Pokemon Go seems to be alive and well in Copenhagen" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:55 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.