Ads Top

"What is the allure of lures?"


#PokemonGO: Today I was walking around my campus and was surprised to see someone had lured 3 Pokestops that were right next to each other. Despite going to a major university in the 2nd most populous city in my state, the PoGo hype had definitely died down recently. The five-stop hot spot in town that was once lured 16-18 hours/day now had maybe 1 or 2 in the evenings.The other reason I was surprised was because my campus is a 90% common zone. Tripping over Rattatas, Pidgeys, Eevees, Venonats and Spearows. In fact, about half of the entire downtown area is a dead zone for uncommon Pokemon.Despite this, I was excited to spend some time before class catching some stuff..... until I got there.All three stops had Pidgeys. The next wave was two Rattatas and an Eevee. The next wave was three more Pidgeys. Then a Pidgey, a Rattata, and a Spearow.Now this isn't just some rant thread. While I was slightly disappointed, I felt bad for whoever put those lures there. All three were from the same player. Someone spent Pokecoins on those lures, maybe even real money.Would you pay real money to catch more Pidgeys and Rattatas?I will admit that I have never once bought a lure, ever. At first it was because I didn't have to with everyone else putting them up. But at this point I'm wondering, why should I ever buy them?The lures pull from the local biome, but why? What incentive is there to catch more of the stuff that's already around you. That would be like having a salad bar, and you put in a 2nd salad bar that costs extra but has all of the same things that are on the 1st one.Aside from that, how is it a lure? A lure attracts things to places they otherwise wouldn't be. Calling it a lure is like calling a Grilled Cheese Sandwich a 'Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Cheese.'There needs to be something about the lure to attract my money. Like the prospect that anything could pop up, if not that, at least removing the 5 most common Pokemon from the equation.I spend my money on things that help me like incubators. I have seen enough people paying for the privilege of catchings rats and birds to know I never will, unless something changes. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2ebmBJG
"What is the allure of lures?" "What is the allure of lures?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:39 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.