Ads Top

"Can we just talk about how messed up this scene was? (Plot Spoilers!)"


(Note, I have not progressed in the story farther than arriving in Seafolk Village as I'm grinding right now, so please don't spoil anything that happens later in the story.)The scene before Lusamine summons the Ultra Beasts was seriously fucked up. You go to confront her, and you see she has a collection of Pokemon cryogenically frozen. And then she states "My precious babies... They will all be preserved for eternity here."I just stared at my screen mumbling "What the actual fuck..." It just comes out of nowhere and is so disturbing, I mean sure we've learned that the Aether Foundation isn't all they claim to be, but this? This is on a whole other level. Does this imply that Lusamine takes the Pokemon that the Aether Foundation rescues and freezes them for her collection?? Can her ideal of beauty and perfection only be achieved by freezing something in time? It also reminds me that Frostlass is described in the Pokedex to freeze humans and Pokemon to keep as statues. It's one thing to read about that. It's a whole other thing to see it for yourself in the storyline.And also, as my friend pointed out, there's the whole abusive parent situation. I don't remember the exact quote, but Lillie says something to Gladion along the lines of "Mother got so bad after you left. If Wicke hadn't been there...." It hints pretty directly to some sort of abuse, and I know this isn't the only time in this game where domestic abuse is implied. I never thought I'd be seeing something like that in Pokemon. It's a dark subject, even in comparison to other subjects these games have shown or implied.But this is what I like about Pokemon. These 'kids games' aren't afraid to have some truly creepy and disturbing moments that really get you thinking. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2gi3fkj
"Can we just talk about how messed up this scene was? (Plot Spoilers!)" "Can we just talk about how messed up this scene was? (Plot Spoilers!)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 16:18 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.