Ads Top

"[Anecdote] GPS Drift still works for egg distance post update!"


#PokemonGO: TLDR: Confirming that anecdotally, everyone who has updated is either getting the same or better distance from GPS drift.Just updated to 0.53.1 and got credited 0.3km from my desk. This is actually better than I got pre-update.edit  Running on t-mobile Galaxy s7. Currently at work so can't do much more testing than this.edit 2  Just got an additional 0.15km to make the total 0.45km. This is way better than I can ever remember, but I don't think I've ever had my phone running pogo for this long at my desk continuously so take that with a grain of salt.edit 3  Seems like it takes a lot longer for the app to start up. I didn't have log in issues that many others were experiencing, but perhaps a longer load time is meant to combat the bug? I'm very excited to try out some gyms tonight! I was experiencing the dodge bug a lot pre-update.edit 4  So POGO hasn't been running the whole time (most of it though), and I haven't gotten any more distance. It seems as if the first time when I got 0.3km it was because my avatar was running all over the place (large jumps) until GPS fixed on. I've had a pretty steady lock since then though, perhaps this lends credence to the idea that pogo sends location data to the server more often now? There will need to be more testing done to confirm.edit 5  I've been playing a bit toggling location on/off and I've been able to rack up another 0.22km just by doing that. My phone was never really that great for drifting but I haven't tried all that hard in the past either. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2jW4yGd
"[Anecdote] GPS Drift still works for egg distance post update!" "[Anecdote] GPS Drift still works for egg distance post update!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:54 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.