Ads Top

"I Finally Get It"


In my 20 years of play, I had never really been into breeding and training competitive Pokemon. The game wasn't about that for me. I just wanted to play the story and see any new Pokemon.After I beat Sun, I realized that the only way I was going to be able to obtain the Mega Stones was if I managed to get through Battle Tree...and in order to do that, I needed competitive Pokemon. I was little discouraged at first...breeding, IVs, EVs, and natures just seemed a little much in terms of trying to get a few items in the game, but I knew it was something I had to do.I managed to get a 5IV Ditto, using the SOS chain method...which was SUPER TEDIOUS...but I did it. Had a buddy of mine trade me a Destiny Knot & some power items, started breeding for natures & dope IVs. Once I got what I wanted, I used the E4 to train the little bastards & stacked them with a solid move set, taking nature, IVs, & abilities into account. EV trained them for their specialty. (All SpA in this case.)My first shot at Battle Tree was with my A-Ninetails, A-Raichu, & my Kommo-O. (I'm at work, so I don't have all the details on my guys.)A-Ninetails - Timid -Ability - Snow Warning Light ClayAurora VeilExtrasensoryDazzling GleamBlizzardA-Raichu - Forgot Nature -Ability - Surge Surfer Alolanraichuium, or whatever. The Z-Crystal for him.Calm MindThunderboltPsychicFocus BlastKommo-O - Forgot Nature -Ability - Bullet Proof Expert BeltNoble RoarFlash CannonFlamethrowerClanging ScalesGuys, I BLASTED through the first 20. Like, it literally wasn't even a challenge. I almost felt bad at how quick I dusted the NPCs. Whooped on Red & got the Kanto starter Mega Stones, then decided to see how far I could go. Got to 31 before I made a costly mistake and lost.Long story short, I TOTALLY get competitive breeding/training now. I've been having a blast creating new competitive teams. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2jxZoUe
"I Finally Get It" "I Finally Get It" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:56 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.